Brake Pressure Switch replacement question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm putting in a new brake master cylinder into my '78. The new one did not come with brake pressure switches installed.

Removing the existing brake pressure switches from the old master cylinder has proven to be harder than I thought. Is there a special tool required?

Someone ripped the electrical component of the brake pressure switch system out long ago, so, if I cannot move the switches from the old master cylinder to the new one, I will probably just get some plugs. I came up short on finding anything after a quick trip to Advance Auto and Ace Hardware. Anyone have any ideas? What is the size and thread count?

Because the system probably hasn't been working in a long time, I don't really want to buy new switches at $30 a pop since I don't plan on rewiring the warning light.

Thanks.

no special tool - lubricant and force

Thanks. Realized that I just needed the correct size socket and they wrenched right off.

1 1/8" worked for future reference.

Because the system probably hasn't been working in a long time, I don't really want to buy new switches at $30 a pop since I don't plan on rewiring the warning light.

Thanks.

Why wouldn't you want a brake warning light?

Why wouldn't you want a brake warning light?

Because the relative pain in the ass, plus time and financial outlay for a vehicle that might see 20 miles a week, if that, isn't worth it. I only have a few precious days to do any real work on the '40 over the holidays, so those calories are best expelled elsewhere.

My head is under the hood often enough that I can be my own warning light for impending brake problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom