Brake Booster Aftermarket Recommendation? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Currently not in stock but I did find out from their description and nowhere else that they will fit the 91-92 you just need to use a longer vacuum hose.

Currently not in stock but I did find out from their description and nowhere else that they will fit the 91-92 you just need to use a longer vacuum hose.
I'm in the same boat. Everything I have seen the says the 93-97 will work but the fitting is on the other side of the unit. I think the function is the same.

maybe @jonheld can confirm?

I'm in the same boat. Everything I have seen the says the 93-97 will work but the fitting is on the other side of the unit. I think the function is the same.

maybe @jonheld can confirm?
Don't know. Never tried.
The 91/92 booster uses the same check valve, grommet, and gaskets as the later ones, so it appears as if the footprints fore and aft are the same.

Just grabbed a new seiken for 299 at autohausaz.com
I tried yesterday and they took my order and then cancelled today. Showed in stock but didn't actually have it.
Now I have to wait until they release my payment. :bang:

I tried yesterday and they took my order and then cancelled today. Showed in stock but didn't actually have it.
Now I have to wait until they release my payment. :bang:
sorry man! that sucks! i ordered mine on sunday the 20th cause it showed low stock and i didn't want to miss out, it shipped yesterday.

sorry man! that sucks! i ordered mine on sunday the 20th cause it showed low stock and i didn't want to miss out, it shipped yesterday.
First world problems I guess lol. Gonna have to find it somewhere

Anybody gone with a Cardone remanned booster? They're available at NAPA and Partsgeek, seem to have good reviews and are half the price of the Seiken.

1646410422836.png

I put a Cardone unit off RockAuto in my rig nearly 8 years ago for ~$210. It looked and felt like there was a gray metallic flake paint on it. Whatever it was, it did nothing to protect the surface, within a few months that thing looked like a 55 gallon steel drum that had sat in someone's back 40 for a few decades.

I installed it under duress since the old booster gave out abruptly and it was my only transportation at the time so I didn't even think about painting it myself. I will go with the Seiken or OEM if it fails again, hate doing the same job twice.

Does the Seiken booster form Partsgeek come with the check valve, gaskets, and vacuum hose, or do any or all of those have to be ordered separately?

Also, partsouq is out of stock for the OEM unit for my VIN. Could I use from a later model, maybe a 105 series?

Does the Seiken booster form Partsgeek come with the check valve, gaskets, and vacuum hose, or do any or all of those have to be ordered separately?

Also, partsouq is out of stock for the OEM unit for my VIN. Could I use from a later model, maybe a 105 series?
Mine only had the check valve, no gaskets or vacuum hose.

Cardone unit off RockAuto in my rig nearly 8 years ago
I finally read enough of these and decided to go with the Cardone unit from one of the online parts houses. I painted mine very poorly though. The bottom line is that every post sounded like yours. "I put it in there a long time ago and if it ever fails..." These are a pretty simple part, and the factory unit lasted 240k and 30 years. I think if I get half of that I'll be happy.

Mine did not come with anything except the booster and check valve which was installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom