Boost Gauge on TRD Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to install an aftermarket round gauge style boost gauge on my a pillar for my SC. From searching found the dual pod that would work best from an Acura. Just looking for some input from people who have done this before where they are tapping into on the engine bay side? ideally, something clean that doesn't require a bunch of taping and shavings being cleaned out.

Cheers 🍻

IMG_9726.JPG

IMG_9721.JPG

If you delete your EGR, the backside of the intake manifold is about the perfect place to tap in. Where the temp sensor usually goes.

86A5859E-3EC4-4829-8B13-AE621D44DA25.jpeg

If you delete your EGR, the backside of the intake manifold is about the perfect place to tap in. Where the temp sensor usually goes.
Thanks, Saito, just to clarify you're talking about this sensor correct? EGR is deleted
IMG_9721.JPG

Nope. Never mind. Belay my last. Had to go look and take a pic. Where I tied in is where the vacuum to the booster was prior to S/C install. Sensor is still where it is normally and not removed(it’s tricked out w/ a diode).

375DD1D6-D8DE-43F6-9A16-6B6E0F0D8F46.jpeg

Nope. Never mind. Belay my last. Had to go look and take a pic. Where I tied in is where the vacuum to the booster was prior to S/C install. Sensor is still where it is normally and not removed(it’s tricked out w/ a diode).
Cheers thanks Saito!

Anyone else? just looking at options!

Forget the boost gauge if you want to measure boost. Your engine will be in vacuum or full boost of 5 PSI. You can't feather the throttle without great pains to show readinga anything in between. Much better information can be provided by an EGT and AFR gauges.

i also got rid of my egr; however, you can also tap in the flat spot right next to it.... issue is that you have to recover all the shavings.... Best done if you take off top clamshell.

I went the Acura pod direction and went with the same location on the plenum as everyone else. You’ll be paying more attention to the temp gauge than the boost gauge usually. I haven’t looked for the Acura pod in a while. Last I heard they were NLA
94506A42-14DA-4689-B97D-7252256901AE.jpeg

Joey’s gauges look the same as mine. Speedhut.com

I went the Acura pod direction and went with the same location on the plenum as everyone else. You’ll be paying more attention to the temp gauge than the boost gauge usually. I haven’t looked for the Acura pod in a while. Last I heard they were NLAView attachment 3149862
Joey’s gauges look the same as mine. Speedhut.com
Thank you. Great looking gauges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom