Bolt on turbo kit (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awwwwwwwww s***! It’s about to go down!

Picked up the Test Mule this morning. I got one totally stock and unassuming. I can totally fly under the radar with no one guessing who’s truck is getting worked on to be the first. You’ll never guess so don’t even bother trying.

3F5623D9-B0F4-47FE-8714-776A6DD094D2.jpeg

Pffffffffffffffffft.:flipoff2:

Awwwwwwwww s***! It’s about to go down!

Picked up the Test Mule this morning. I got one totally stock and unassuming. I can totally fly under the radar with no one guessing who’s truck is getting worked on to be the first. You’ll never guess so don’t even bother trying.

View attachment 1855312
Don’t care whose truck it is. Only care that it works as planned. I’m excited. Do you need a working truck for CARB?

Yay. We need pix. Once the truck is running any idea how long CARB takes?

CARB process begins the moment I take the truck in. Likely Tuesday. From there it will be about six months. But I apply for 49 state first which is quick. I can then sell as 50 state CARB pending sometime after that while waiting for final.

You may have to spill some beans on what Dylan is running for tires and gears too! Or maybe his ears are burning from all the folks staring at his rig, and he will chime in!

So from this thread (1fz-fe engine management upgrades) I've learned that Boomslang makes an adaptor for mating a Haltech to the factory ECU. I just swapped emails with Boomslang and the price is still $500 for the harness as stated in that thread. Haltech would control the engine, factory ecu would control the trans.

I state all of that because I'm now curious what kind of boost we could get out of the WitsEnd kit with improved engine management. I know that's not what it was designed for, but it's so well thought out that it seems a shame to not take advantage of a little more potential.

500 dollar harness nonsense is not needed.
https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-151389-elite-2500-toyota-landcruiser-80-series/

I could be wrong but it seems they are charging an ass load of money for something that fits many cars/trucks.
No Limit Motorsport: AEM 30-2983 ECU Extension/Patch Harness

The AEM 30-2983 is getting hard to find, I found one for 150 dollars for a project I am getting ready to start.
Seems one could make one for a lot less.
You can always cut and wire in.
I could be wrong.

Just had a lengthy discussion with SEMA Garage. I missed my window for going in before end of the year. I blame Dylan :flipoff2: but I’m in right after the new year. I’ll be there the entire day. Should be interesting. Part of the requirement on my end is to have full instructional documentation so I need to focus on that.

Only works w/ a Manual Tranny

"SUITS: Plug 'n' Play replacement of the factory ECU for MY95-97 Toyota LandCruiser 80 Series with 1FZ-FE and manual transmission only. Supports sub tank transfer system. (European delivered models please confirm your ECU pin out with Haltech before ordering)

Yep, Pull the wires that are used for the tranny, get a new plug, plug into stock ECU problem solved.
Again I could be wrong lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom