Bolivia to Steamshovel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope, not all locked. Just Keith's FJ62 and Mark's FJ40. Me, Albert, and John are locked in the rear, and we even got a Jeep TJ on 31's up it with a few people on the strap helping out. We want to go out there and try a few other lines.

Edit: The TJ was open/open.

I tried it backwards and that line did not work....

Nope, not all locked. Just Keith's FJ62 and Mark's FJ40. Me, Albert, and John are locked in the rear, and we even got a Jeep TJ on 31's up it with a few people on the strap helping out. We want to go out there and try a few other lines.

Edit: The TJ was open/open.
Do you think Keith's extra wheel base helped?

Do you think Keith's extra wheel base helped?

Yeah, it seemed to. The only thing is that he is a little long in the rear and if he would have hit it with the juice like I did, he would have banged that rear end pretty hard. That is a sweet rig he has!! I followed him for a good bit on the trail and it was a cool sight to see.

Last edited:
I think I understand what line you guys took now.

Far right, stack rocks, and hit it at full throttle?:eek:

not really full throttle but we did stack a few rock at the base cause of the hole there but yea we did use the skinny pedal and we actually took the left line when facing the rock

Dan:cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:

With 6 rigs going up it, we took several different lines. The problem was, it was really wet up there. There was alot more water than I saw in the photobucket pictures with the recent rain and snow. I liked it though, makes for a better challenge!

I cant wait to take another crack at it!!!!:steer:
I feel now somewhat disadvantaged that I was the first up. After viewing the vids that Mark took, I wasnt hammering down like it FELT I was...
Id be willing to bet that the left line that John took (the one he ORIGINALLY pointed out to me) would have been the ticket. I think that the "V" crack in the rock would have been enough for the MT's to grab. At the time, I was only visualizing the cut RIGHT he was suggesting...THAT I didnt feel comfortable with. After I saw him go straight beyond the main incline, I saw the beauty in that line.
The bumper did take some hits sliding back down. THAT's what I built that motha for!

K

Yeah, it seemed to. The only thing is that he is a little long in the rear and if he would have hit it with the juice like I did, he would have banged that rear end pretty hard. That is a sweet rig he has!! I followed him for a good bit on the trail and it was a cool site to see.

Thanks brotha!

:beer:

K

The more I go, the more experience I get, the more I realize that sometimes you just have to pick your OWN way sometimes...

K

I cant wait to take another crack at it!!!!:steer:
I feel now somewhat disadvantaged that I was the first up. After viewing the vids that Mark took, I wasnt hammering down like it FELT I was...
Id be willing to bet that the left line that John took (the one he ORIGINALLY pointed out to me) would have been the ticket. I think that the "V" crack in the rock would have been enough for the MT's to grab. At the time, I was only visualizing the cut RIGHT he was suggesting...THAT I didnt feel comfortable with. After I saw him go straight beyond the main incline, I saw the beauty in that line.
The bumper did take some hits sliding back down. THAT's what I built that motha for!

K

Yeah, usually the first up in the lab rat!! I am sure you would have gotten some good traction in that crack. Don't worry kind sir, there will be another day, and hopefully that day I will have the bigger tires and gears and I will be going on the far left line......you heard me, the one against the WALL!!!!!

No kidding that bumper took some hits, that thing is BEEF!!! I need to get you to help me build one up for my rig!

The more I go, the more experience I get, the more I realize that sometimes you just have to pick your OWN way sometimes...

K

LOL! That is the truth. Sometimes when things aren't going good, I take a good look at it and say, "look out boys, here I come!" :steer::bounce::whoops::censor:!!!!

The way you are hyping this trail I might get off my ass and fix the 40 just so I can give it a try.

Good 'Ol Rusty shall rise again!!!!!!

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!! If you get it back going, I would be willing to make a quick run up there. But we have to be quick, within the next little bit it will be getting wetter up there. Hey, Keith, you might get your chance!!
My rig won't be back on the trail until after the first of the year.

Time and money.:mad:

My rig won't be back on the trail until after the first of the year.

Time and money.:mad:

I know what you mean! I might be able to buy more parts for mine, just found out I made E-6 yesterday, pretty good pay raise!

Well all ill be ready to give it hell here soon just have to get the sm 420 in and power steering set and im game you know that SLVRBCk and ill bet a case of beer i make it first shot np at all ROFL

Dan:cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:

The way you are hyping this trail I might get off my ass and fix the 40 just so I can give it a try.

Good 'Ol Rusty shall rise again!!!!!!

I think (from what I know of you) that you, Jack, espresso Dan and Shawn would really have enjoyed this trail. There was enough to keep you on your toes the first half, then it gets really easy where you can relax and enjoy the old mining remains and scenery, then at the end, it get tight and twisty and very scenic coming down Stemshovel canyon. Although, those that have concern of their paint would not be too happy with the pinstriping. It seems its mostly run by quads and the over growth causes me to believe as such.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom