Bolivia to Steamshovel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been told of this canyon up from the trail to the Steamshovel, called Bolivia or Cottonwood Canyon. There is a big rock face that only a few rigs have gotten up. We are planning a trip on the 15th(wkend after next). There is a trail from there that attaches to the Steamshovel trail, we will be coming out this way and not the long way over to the Stillwaters. If you want to check out the videos of the rock face, go here justinroose/cottonwood 08 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They told me the videos do not do it justice. I think that the cruiser crew can make it happen.

I was hoping that a week or so would give some of you guys in Reno a little more heads up. I'd really like to wheel with yall. I will be at the meeting on Tues., barring the apocolypse! We can talk about it more then.

Chris

Count me in Chris, where do you find all these good locations - LOL. Bring a tow strap Chris to pull me up the rock, K?

You kidding me? Your the one that knows all these secret spots. The first time you told me that only *eep's had made it up that thing, you know I was ready to go right then!! Brad's Cherokee will be ready in the next few days and said he would go too.

I'm off to bed, gotta love that owl shift!!

Chris

I might be able to make it!
What time and where to meet coming in from Reno?
Is it a day run?

I think the dates switched for the wifes girl trip, so Ill have that weekend free as well IF im NOT ON CALL!

Lemme know. It looks like fun!

Keith

Gosh evrytime there is a run I have to do crap for the military.:mad: I might be able to make the meeting on the 11th.

Albert said he was going too. I sure hope some Cruisers show up. If the weather holds out and we can make the run I will bring steaks and hamburgers.

I just talked to him. I am sooooo jealous of him right now. The Pirates of the Rubicon were doing their initiations at Moon Rocks. He said some of the sickest buggies were up there. On the upside, BAMA WON IN OVERTIME!!!

I'm about to put my new hubs on and get the skidplate back underneath. Hopefully some of the Reno cruiser guys can come and represent with us......hint hint LOL!! I know it's a long trip for you guys up there, but we have had some of these *eep guys talk trash!!

No kidding, I drove the route to Bolivia (Cottonwood Canyon) about 10 years ago before it washed out and down about 6 feet. I was told over and over again no one could wheel over this rock. Now two heeps have made it up the rock and are pretty confident that a Cruiser cannot do it. It would be nice to send at least three Cruisers up the rock and over the Mountain to Steamshovel and then we can say more Cruisers have done it than eeps!!!!! P.S. the eeps didn't go the whole way over the mountain to Steamshovel.......hint, hint.

I think me and you need to start a business Mark.....marketing pitches for cruiser runs!! LOL!! Just put the Aisin hubs in, but I have some banging to do on my skidplate....it's not lining up just right. Pulled one of those springs apart and got a leaf that should get your rig right again.

See you in the morning,

Chris

Im in...weather pending.
Yeah, call me a :princess: if you want.

What time?

K

I will be there barring the apocalyps, locked, and ready to roll, still need to get the duel case in, that won't be much longer, considering the parts are available... Dan will be riding with me.

NICE!! Hopefully the weather will hold out. I am going to talk to the other few people going and get a solid time, is 6 too early for you???

Nope!
I do have to work swings for someone on Friday, but Ill be there...May not be ALL there, but Ill be there.
Where is this place were meeting?

K

Sweet man, starting to get that excited twitch! Come all the way thru town on the 50, keep going a few miles out of town and you will see the store on your right. Here is a little reference.

Driving Directions from Reno, NV to Harmon Junction, 25 S Harmon Rd, Fallon, NV

Come on Reno guys, lets get a few more Cruzah rigs out there!!

Chris

Thanks brotha!
There is a gas station there, correct? Is there a station closer to the trail head to fill up?
Ill have the spares loaded, but id still like to plot out the fuel.
Man I cant wait to do the V8!

Keith

Yeah, that is a gas station. It is about 75 miles to the trail from there I think. We will all be carrying extra fuel, so no worries. SARMARK has offered to buy burgers and grill them up for everybody, we just need to bring chips and what not. He and his wife are heading up there Friday evening with the camper.

I can't wait to go!!!:bounce::bounce2:

Chris

This trip goes through some beautiful country and will be a great late fall run. According to Mike Alger with Channel 2 news, this weekend will be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom