Bolivia to Steamshovel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is good to hear that everyone had a good time and Kathy and I appreciate the nice comments. I can't wait to repeat the trip and hopefully we will have a camp site with lots and lots of people, tents, trailers, etc. To everyone that was there thank you for letting me tag along, it was great fun and good company.

Mark you and your wife are welcome to tag along anytime really enjoyed having you and your wife along on this trip and cant wait to do it again only next time ill have my 40 up and flying hehe and ill bring my adventure trailer with me so everyone can drool over it ROFL. Also if you need help with that anti wrap bar let me know ill be glad to lend a hand and do some welding as well just let me know when and where you can call me anytime at 775-530-4292 will be glad to lend a hand bud AGAIN WHAT AN AWSOME TRIP AND GREAT PEOPLE

Dan A.K.A Krokar the crooked :cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:

My camera finally decided to turn on after it went canoeing the other day. These are a few from mine and from Mark.
bolivia 013.jpg
bolivia 033.jpg
bolivia 038.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed the videos from my photobucket account. That is a sweet obstacle huh?

I would like to go wheelin with you guys sometime but unfortunately I drive a Jeep.

Last edited:
Hope you guys enjoyed the videos from my photobucket account. That is a sweet obstacle huh?

I would like to go wheelin with you guys sometime but unfortunately I drive a Jeep.
And the problem is?:confused:

We wheel with *eeps! No problem, any time. We had 2 of them on the trail with us. That "rock" wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. If a stock drivetrain, 2.5" lifted, welded rear, on 32 BFG A/T's, open front Land Cruiser can make it up, how hard can it be? I drove right up it!

My rig is fine, I don't think Mike is registerd on this board.

How about some video of you guys going up?

We wheel with *eeps! No problem, any time. We had 2 of them on the trail with us. That "rock" wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. If a stock drivetrain, 2.5" lifted, welded rear, on 32 BFG A/T's, open front Land Cruiser can make it up, how hard can it be? I drove right up it!

Thats killler, did you make it unassisted?

Its not a "cruiser", from this thread it seems that Jeep is a four letter word.

We aren't as bad as the main board. And coming from a former Jeep owner, I will have one again. I still really like them, it's just when I got into my LC phase, Jeep didn't have what I needed. Now with the 4D JK, I could go that way again. Most likely, I will pick up an LJ someday.

Jack

Oh, I thought you were Mike, sorry! Yeah, I made it unassisted,as did a friends 91 Toyota, drove right up it with ease. There is a video, I will try to get the link. You must drive the back half'd Wagoneer huh? Sweet rig man!

Last edited:
Oh, I thought you were Mike, sorry! Yeah, I made it unassisted,as did a friends 91 Toyotaw, drove right up it with ease. There is a video, I will try to get the link. You must drive the back half'd Wagoneer huh? Sweet rig man!

Yeah, that is my rig, I call it Wuggy. Thanks for the compliment. I am very impressed you made it up with ease but Toyotas are bad ass. Had some buddies back home with FJ40s and they went places. They just seem well balanced, the truck is set up the best for that obstacle IMO.

What air pressure were you running?

When we went, rigs with the lower air pressure ~15 or lower made it. All guys running Toyo MTs were denied but also had shorter wheelbases.

Just curious what worked and what didn't. My buddies built Bronco (locked front and rear, doubler etc) had a tough time and ended up seeing a rope before getting over.

We should check out Guzzler canyon sometime this winter. It washed out pretty good and is close to town. :hillbilly:

I was running at around 11 or 12 lbs.

Where is Guzzler Canyon? I'd love to run it.

Yeah, that is my rig, I call it Wuggy. Thanks for the compliment. I am very impressed you made it up with ease but Toyotas are bad ass. Had some buddies back home with FJ40s and they went places. They just seem well balanced, the truck is set up the best for that obstacle IMO.

When we went, rigs with the lower air pressure ~15 or lower made it. All guys running Toyo MTs were denied but also had shorter wheelbases.

Just curious what worked and what didn't. My buddies built Bronco (locked front and rear, doubler etc) had a tough time and ended up seeing a rope before getting over.

We should check out Guzzler canyon sometime this winter. It washed out pretty good and is close to town. :hillbilly:

Its not a "cruiser", from this thread it seems that Jeep is a four letter word.

It is a Cruiser forum after all.:D

We've had everything from Jeeps to Ram Chargers to Chevies to Exterras on our runs.

Air pressure is relative. The TSL's I have now don't even bulge the side wall until you get them down below 10PSI, the BFG AT's I had on before were almost flat at 15#.

I was told you were all lock front and rear with the exception of Alberts Jeep. I did break the rear d line last week. We welded back together using three batteries. I then broke the t case no forward movement and alot of grinding. Working on the BB to go in. Hope to get it in place this weekend. JTR is right the guzzler canyon is cool. Where is the video of you making it up the rock would like to see it.

Nope, not all locked. Just Keith's FJ62 and Mark's FJ40. Me, Albert, and John are locked in the rear, and we even got a Jeep TJ on 31's up it with a few people on the strap helping out. We want to go out there and try a few other lines.

Edit: The TJ was open/open.

Last edited:
Air pressure is relative. The TSL's I have now don't even bulge the side wall until you get them down below 10PSI, the BFG AT's I had on before were almost flat at 15#.

I've noticed that, it takes alot to make the TSL's bulge at all. Hopefully I will have a new set for Rubithon next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom