For Sale Boise, ID 1973 only unicorn back up light. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mopdog

SILVER Star
Threads
I’ll restore it and put it on E Bay if I have too…Id rather find it a good home for someone cool. I have to put a price so $1000 OBO. I know that’s stupid. PM Me, I would rather drink a beer and trade for a part I need.

image.jpg

A good working 8274 would be a good trade. The 8274 9.5xp motor and Albright solenoids upgrades would be a good trade, $250 and Matt’s 40 series windshield washer package, end to end, would work. Offers?
Getting one of my 8274’s to you night not be cost effective but I would make that trade.

i think your asking price is very reasonable ,,,,,,,,,:)
There is just a little bit of irony here for me, as I watched a nice guy get flamed for even suggesting that price in 2019.

There is just a little bit of irony here for me, as I watched a nice guy get flamed for even suggesting that price in 2019.

i wonder if a NOS one in it's original parts box and original KOITo filament bulb is worth more these days ?

:popcorn:

In fairness I never expected to get $1000 for it. I need parts and figured I could maximize the value in trade and everyone would win.
Neither did the other guy. He just didn’t have any street creds here, so a few guys came down on him hard.

Situational ethics.🤷🏻

No worries, and sorry for the partial hijack of your thread. If you make a deal with Brian before the 25th, and assuming that I see him in Oceanside, I could bring the winch back to Burbank if that’s any help.

People everywhere can be fickle. I’ve had people on here get up my ass a little over the pricing of the tachs I made and I have been on here, off and on for 15 years. Ive also had actual customers come to my defense and explain that developing products for small runs is very expensive and the quality warrants the price. I hold one of those groups in higher regard than the other. 🤣 Over all so far as Internet forums go, it’s pretty civil here.

Greyhound unfortunately stopped their shipping service. But here is what I have at the moment.

Sorry in advance for the hijack, I didn't know those were 'rare/special' I have 1 on my 40 that I was about to remove and throw in the junk pile. Mine looks a little worse than Mopdog's whats a 'real' ballpark value?

Sorry in advance for the hijack, I didn't know those were 'rare/special' I have 1 on my 40 that I was about to remove and throw in the junk pile. Mine looks a little worse than Mopdog's whats a 'real' ballpark value?
They are pretty rare and only a one year issue (1973), so have seen them go for as low as $50 in really bad shape and as high as $750 or more for mint. I have never seen one actually sell for $1000 but it would not surprise me. Especially when I have personally sold Vader Lights on eBay for over $400 and they are not nearly as hard to find as these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom