Blue seas add a battery kit. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like those terminal fuses better. The 80 doesn't have a whole lot of room to begin with. Every bit of space saved is a good thing but seeing how I already have the other ones installed...

Yup, that's the one. Saves having to make two extra cables and protects the entire cable. FYI these only work with threaded battery posts.my batteries (odyssey) have threaded posts and SAE posts.

Yup, that's the one. Saves having to make two extra cables and protects the entire cable. FYI these only work with threaded battery posts.my batteries (odyssey) have threaded posts and SAE posts.
Yeah, the optima has the side holes that simply doesn't have room to use.

All I have left is finding a leg extension for the switch that doesn't look ghetto. Also, rerouting the cable from the starter to the switch was a PITA...

IMG_20170225_155521305.jpg

IMG_20170225_163916105.jpg

IMG_20170225_155511014.jpg

Nope the negative lug is at the other end of the fuse panel. That's main supply in and also the feed to my inverter. Welding cable is black so I used red shrink tubing so its clear. I didn't bother using the grounds of the fuse block - to me that's a lot more wire and loom to run back to a common point. Blue sea makes their fuse panel like this cause its notoriously difficult to find grounds on a boat.

In automotive its so much easier to ground near the location of the device you're installing. I am not using any of the grounds on the fuse block
Got it - thanks for the explanation!

Anyone have any ideas on leg extensions that won't look like a tweaker built it?

At true value in the hardware section you can get derlin washers that are about 1/4" thick, or maybe some rubber grommets :shrug:

You could get really fancy with a router and a piece of cutting board material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom