Blinker cancel... 1971 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Apparently my blinkers are supposed to self cancel after A turn. I’m missing something, or is misadjusted. Does anybody have a picture or diagram of the inner workings of the turn signal switch?

I’ll guess that ‘71 is like later years... the steering wheel will have a pair of “cancel” pins in place... they should “cancel” the turn signal, when the wheel turns far enough to trip the switch.

If you don’t have the oem wheel, you’ll need to be sure you have the pins in the proper place... e.g. you may need to drill holes in the proper places, for the pins.

A lot of times the cancel arms are broken off inside the head of the switch. Only recourse is to buy a replacement.

Last edited:
the cancel pin on a '71/'72 is on the steering wheel - there's one pin that cancels the blinker(s) when the steering wheel moves back to neutral

the distance between the switch and the steering wheel determines whether the pin makes appropriate contact with the switch (slide it up or down the steering column for a gap of about 2mm from the steering wheel - make sure not to overdo the set screw, it's an odd size that's difficult to replace from any hardware store)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom