Blackstone Oil Report Repository - Share Your 2UZ Reports (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4. Lead wear per mile shows a trend (albeit weak) of increasing wear per mile as the oil age grows.
Is there a correlation to molybdenum content as well tied to this data?

Wow. 7000 miles on conventional oil is impressive.
When I bought my 2004 V8 4Runner brand new from the dealer I did lots of reading on BITOG on the 4.7 motor. From what I remember Chevron Supreme 5W30 was the go to oil back then and was the oil a lot of people were using for their 4.7 extended oil change intervals. It just goes to show how low wearing these motors are.

About to hit 200k, will do another report then.

2003 Land Cruiser
1. Damage/Neglect: none
2. Motor Oil/Filter: 5w30 Mobile1 high milage, Mobile1 high milage filter
3. Change interval: ~10k miles

03 TOYOTA-180609.png

With this whole work from home thing going on, I’m far from my planned 8k mile OCI and I’ve had the same oil in there for a year already. This is by far the longest I’ve gone without an oil change. Will I be the first test case for leaving in the same engine oil for over a year (maybe 2 at this rate)? I’m tempted to send a sample off to see how it’s holding up so far.

With this whole work from home thing going on, I’m far from my planned 8k mile OCI and I’ve had the same oil in there for a year already. This is by far the longest I’ve gone without an oil change. Will I be the first test case for leaving in the same engine oil for over a year (maybe 2 at this rate)? I’m tempted to send a sample off to see how it’s holding up so far.
Change it at a year regardless of mileage. Too cheap not to.

Change it at a year regardless of mileage. Too cheap not to.

Yeah, I’m caving in.

1 year seems to be everyone’s breaking point regardless of mileage. I haven’t found any empirical evidence out there saying that you can go more than a year without an oil change.

I’ll send them a sample and let the experts weigh in.

Engine damage/neglect: None

Oil used: Valvoline 5w30 syn

Oil change interval: 7k

00FB2FD0-0805-4A34-A2C6-28FD80C8A821.jpeg

New Blackstone report for me. Per their last one I ran this one to ~6500 and report came back awesome. Only reason I didn't run til the full 6500 was because I was headed out on a 1k mile trip when I had a couple hundred miles left and figured I didn't want to go over. I realized after getting the report that I had no given them interval or mileage of change so quick email with them and they were able to amend the report for me. Top notch customer service. I will probably keep interval at every 6500-7k miles instead of longer interval like they suggest just for my own sake.

FIZZY 7-210329.jpg

2000 Land Cruiser
1. Stalled while completely submerged approx. 70,000 miles ago. Engine removed, cleaned, dried, & reassembled. No damage
2. Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W/30 w/ M1-102 filter
3. I try for 5k intervals but sometimes it ends up being 7,500; you can see my first sample was actually 10k

View attachment 2498441
Could’ve been better

57138142-41DB-40AB-97EC-B007D91C8CBC.jpeg

2000 Land Cruiser with 228,000 miles on the clock. Vehicle used for overlanding and therefore heavy with extensive mods and spends a lot of miles offroad.
Included:
  • 2nd Engine oil report
  • 1st Transmission ATF report

1. Damage/Neglect: none
2. Motor Oil/Filter: Valvoline Maxlife 5-30 (dino/syn blend) , Toyota filter
3. Engine Oil Change interval: 5-7k
4. Transmission: Valvoline Maxlife ATF
5. Transmission ATF Change Interval: change 4qts at each of the last 4 engine oil changes

Engine oil report
blackstone engine 2021-s.jpg

Transmission ATF Report
Blackstone trans 2021-s.jpg

Last edited:
2nd Oil Analysis

1. No known damage or neglect.
2. Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5w30 and Toyota filter
3. 3,000 miles between last change because of the amount of metals found in last oil change.

48692F8F-3089-4C00-9953-FD4CFB153F96.jpeg

This one is kind of concerning....iron and copper is high. Bearing wear.

It's embarrassing but this oil change may have went 15k miles between changes instead of the 7k I told them it was. I realized that after I sent the sample off. I had somehow forgot to change my oil on the LX during all the other stuff I was doing on it. Hopefully I haven't shortened the engines life too much..I really wanna get to 300k
Screenshot_20210622-230418_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
This one is kind of concerning....iron and copper is high. Bearing wear.

It's embarrassing but this oil change may have went 15k miles between changes instead of the 7k I told them it was. I realized that after I sent the sample off. I had somehow forgot to change my oil on the LX during all the other stuff I was doing on it. Hopefully I haven't shortened the engines life too much..I really wanna get to 300kView attachment 2711599
Psh, you're fine. Go look at my 99's reports. Way higher and still ran great for years before I sold it. :)

Psh, you're fine. Go look at my 99's reports. Way higher and still ran great for years before I sold it. :)
I had been doing a good amount of mixed city driving and some wheeling trips during those miles so maybe that added to it. I have been going back and forth about what mileage I changed it at last. I swear I had changed it twice since I bought it at 173k,....but I can't remember. I really have to get better at documenting it. Normally, I just use my trip meter, but I guess when I disconnected the battery if reset it? or maybe my wife did it I don't know.

She definitely isn't using any oil, and there are no weird sounds other than the standard ticking from the headers and that doesn't even seem that bad.

Here is my latest :(

If this continues to play out, I'm guessing that the brake controller that was installed is an indicator of my truck's prior service history. I asked the PO about towing and got this back:

Yes, I did tow infrequently, maybe once every other year I towed a sailboat on a tandem axle trailer with electric brakes, total weight 6,000 lbs, 1,200 miles round trip over a week. Truck made that trip maybe six times. This was a pretty flat trip topography wise, we would go north through Indiana or Illinois depending upon the lake we were racing on. The point being no big hills or mountains, mostly flat. Outside of that occasional trip no towing of significance, in distance or weight.

99 LAND CRUISER-210624.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my latest :(

If this continues to play out, I'm guessing that the brake controller that was installed is an indicator of my truck's prior service history. I asked the PO about towing and got this back:

Yes, I did tow infrequently, maybe once every other year I towed a sailboat on a tandem axle trailer with electric brakes, total weight 6,000 lbs, 1,200 miles round trip over a week. Truck made that trip maybe six times. This was a pretty flat trip topography wise, we would go north through Indiana or Illinois depending upon the lake we were racing on. The point being no big hills or mountains, mostly flat. Outside of that occasional trip no towing of significance, in distance or weight.

View attachment 2725640
You're approaching my 99 levels, but still well below. Shouldn't be too worried about that yet. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom