Blackgate Customs - KDSS Control Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
lexusgxor.com
1111.png

"Want to get the most out of your KDSS equipped 4Runner or Lexus GX? With our revolutionary KDSS control harness kit, you can control when your KDSS system is engaged. As the only product on the market that uses all factory-spec parts end to end (from the exact matching wiring to factory sourced plugs, pins, and insulators), you can be sure that your product will function as well as factory equipment does.

Above 12mph, your KDSS is programmed to go into its stiff or "control" mode, but if you're off roading or hitting bumps or potholes at 25mph, you don't want your KDSS system fighting your suspension (whether factory or especially upgraded aftermarket). By using this harness, you can keep the KDSS in soft/disengaged mode for much better ride comfort at medium speeds in rough situations letting your suspension do its work and then when you find well paved roads again or need to make quick lane changes where you need the stiffer sway bar feel for sharper handling characteristics, flip your chosen switch to re-engage your KDSS seamlessly.

Every harness is assembled and tested before sale here in Southern California.

Sold in 2 variants, 1 with custom factory fit LED lighted switch (manufactured by AirOnBoard, choice of factory blue or amber), 1 without switch (terminating wire ends, so you can wire it into a control module you already have ie Switchpros, sPod, etc)."

kdss_switch_1_1_1944x_0b8e8e3c0bf7389d9ef1b95277549d2e4642d799.jpg
kdss_switch_1_2_1944x_7cce50ed2f456ad394b738a8d6efbc19048de192.jpg
kdss_switch_1_3_1944x_06bad8807095fbb5a9a141c8f34bff468706dcfd.jpg
kdss_switch_1_4_1944x_ea3131e42cb62c4122470d6c9dd673db741db03a.jpg
screenshot2020_04_04at9_47_03am_1944x_586e7f93745138f91518b035fdd2e24ba2d6e364.png

Last edited:
Wonder if this will help on wash board roads at 25+MPH?
It's beats us to death, not to mention what it's probably doing to every nut & bolt on my rig! o_O

Just ordered one with an amber switch. Been waiting for this to come out. We do a lot on forest roads and the washboard of Baja. Hoping to soften the ride out a little more along with our typical airing down. Looks like it is shipping today. Not sure when I'll be able to install it but will shoot out a post when I get a chance to test it out.

Just ordered one with an amber switch. Been waiting for this to come out. We do a lot on forest roads and the washboard of Baja. Hoping to soften the ride out a little more along with our typical airing down. Looks like it is shipping today. Not sure when I'll be able to install it but will shoot out a post when I get a chance to test it out.
Please keep us posted to how it works on washboard trails.

This guy claim to have updated version. And claim to be the original designer of the system. Not sure which one is right. Seems there is a lot of drama behind black gate custom.

Screenshot_20210717-181935.jpg
Screenshot_20210717-181935.jpg

Wondering if this will work on a GX470 with KDSS?
It looks like a “One size fits All” kind of harness, and they show a 100-series in their promo, but before I order I wanted to confirm.
I‘d just call them and ask but they are pretty secretive about their phone number…

Hate to see bad vibes between vendors... Nobody wins.

Ya, that's a bummer if it's true.

Edited, May have got my facts wrong on a statement.

Last edited:
Can't argue with that. could have sworn I recalled a conversation about that when I was diving deep last year for my build.

I remember reading about this on GXOR a while back. Apparently the guy that originated this is coming out with an "updated" version. Not sure what is updated though

My 2cents. I ran a KDSS disconnect at the actuator a while back. Since Toyota does not sell the male connector, I had to source this piece overseas. It worked great, until it didn't. The pressure sensor inside the actuator failed, and I have been running KDSS off for a year now. I believe the culprit to be the cheap connector causing a short. Hopefully this connector is better quality than what I had.

I think in general there are issues with common water immersion of the KDSS accumulator and housing assembly. It collects a lot of small rocks, dirt, etc. I always encourage people to drop the small cover and throughly clean it out.

There are some examples I have found on Russian forums of fixing the electrical. Start post #59

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom