black smoke after setting timing to spec (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Ruster

2LT Sufferer
SILVER Star
Threads
I've been driving my 2L around with the timing set to 0.94mm. Power is about what you can expect, need to gear down to take hills, black smoke if I bog down or floor it. I've been needing to use the glow plugs in 30C weather so I figured i'd set the timing again. I set the static timing to the factory spec of 1.10mm. Now it feels like I lost a bunch of power. Way slower off the line, harder to hold speed, and a lot more black smoke just driving how I normally did. Now the throttle feels completely different, I have to push the pedal halfway down just to accelerate. Heres a little graph to explain better:
1690152633673.png

I haven't touched the the fuel screw or the dynamic timing screw yet but honestly I might just set the timing back down. s***s pissing me off. Also foot to the floor I only get 3900RPM, the throttle stop is already turned way in too.
IMG_3136.JPG
IMG_3135.JPG

I took the truck up the mountain today to go fishing and was going a steady 20km/h up the while way, barely holding second. ****ing misserable.

VE pumps use internal pressure to advance timing with rpm. Yours probably isn't any more.

How many km on it? Can you get the pump bench tested anywhere? How's the fuel filter?

VE pumps use internal pressure to advance timing with rpm. Yours probably isn't any more.

How many km on it? Can you get the pump bench tested anywhere? How's the fuel filter?
It only has 1200km on it or so. I bought it remanufactured off eBay

It only has 1200km on it or so. I bought it remanufactured off eBay
What are the credentials of the "remanufacturer?" I'd be very suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom