BJ73 Registration in CA or VA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
good morning all!

Im new to this form and had some questions for those of you who have imported BJ73's in to CA or VA. im active duty mil stationed in Spain and have a 89 BJ73 that im looking to bring back when i transfer back stateside. im wondering the process and the headaches you all went through to get them registered when you imported yours. any help would be great!

thanks!

In VA I only had to make 2 DMV visits to get plates.
The first go they flipped because I only had a copy of some importation document, not the original doc. I backtracked to find that customs officials do everything digitally: no original paper document exists.
The second time the lady wanted the Canadian title for the vehicle. I was prepared and explained that Canada has Registration docs and Sales Docs but nothing that says Title at the top. Either this was true or she did not feel like making me wait another 90 minutes. She gave me the plates.
No one ever said a word about RHD.

You should not attempt to direct import in the California. If you want to register it in CA you'll need to land it, title and register it to another state first. Only after doing that and some careful planning and patience will you be able to title in in CA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom