BJ73 AC compressor wire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I Purchased by BJ73 with no AC compressor, sourced one today and installed it but was a bit baffled because there was no where to plug it in... the single wire to the clutch to activate it.

Looking at the wiring diagram below this is what i am looking for, i think.

I believe i have the VSV (blue arrow) which is connected to the same as what i think is the AC compressor wire (red arrow), but the previous owner has connected the wire to earth???

the VSV, when given 12v positive activates this solenoid (blue arrow) which idles up the engine, makes sense for when the AC switches on.

so my question... is this the correct wire for the AC compressor and how can i test if it is working? does it give positive 12v when activated? because at the moment i get nothing at the wire when i try turn on the AC.

You are very close to fxing it.
Yes, the power to the Vac valve is also the ac clutch.
They start as one wire to the ac switch on the dash.
They branch off at a Y in the wire lead.
Yes, simply 12V to get the ac clutch to respond.

I made a test lead thst I ran straight off my battery.
From battery to ac electrical connection.
Turn the motor off when connecting to ac.
I could hear a change in engine load by holding the test wire to the battery post.
Yes that actuator is supposed to increase idle speed.

ok, thanks mate. I will connect that wire and sent it to the AC shop for a re-gas and hope everything else is working. my understanding (since doing more reading) is that the controller wont activate the clutch unless there is gas pressure also. so at the moment I wont see any power there without gas in the system anyway.

Yes that sounds right. I ran a test lead straight from the battery to test the clutch.

well to follow this up the wire was correct... AC is working now thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom