BJ70 Rear Storage and Dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I did attempt a search, but no joy. I do have joy in being the happy owner of a new-to-me LHD 70! I've owned several 60's, a couple of 80's but this is my first 70--stoked!

It, unfortunately--is in storage a few hours a way until I get rid of my current daily. It will be my new DD, and ...where I live, anything visible in the vehicle means immediate window breakage and theft of visible items. Not visible...no breakage or theft.

The 70 is a visual fishbowl! I will likely add tint and maybe security film on windows... but will also need rear storage as I need to keep a decent complement of tools onboard at all times.

Does anyone have length and width dimensions with rear bench seats folded? Also, has anyone found drawer units that fit these dimensions 'off the shelf'? I can/will build, but would be great if there is something that just happens to fit that is already done.

Thanks everyone; looking forward to this first of many bJ70 conversations!

002.JPG
Most of the big Australian 4wd suppliers make a box with sliding drawers for the rear of the 76 and 78 troopy. These are the same width but may have more length than the 70 can handle.
IMO, make your own unless you want to spend around $1000

$_35.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom