BJ70 Exhaust Routing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a RHD BJ70 with factory 3B, the previous owner routed the exhaust out of the right of the vehicle right next to the driver's side window (given it's a RHD). It's very annoying, with the window open it's right in my freakin' ear... I'd like to get the exhaust routed the way it would have been originally but am having trouble finding photos of the routing from the middle of the vehicle, around the rear wheel and out the back. I have the diagram here, but it doesn't show how it all fits into the frame/chassis. Anyone out there with a stock exhaust on a 3B/BJ70 willing to upload some photos of the exhaust routing for the rear portion of the rig, basically back from where it says "17420" in the image below? Thanks!

175573B.png

Really, no one out there with a BJ70 with a stock exhaust that can shoot me a couple of photos of how it goes around the rear wheel and out the bak?

17420 is available in the US market.

17430 is discontinued from Toyota.

RH side:

image.jpeg

Going over frame and xfer case to the LH side:

image.jpeg

Then the muffler:

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi PinkLemon,
I was going threw ihMud for idea or advice regarding CA registration for my 84 BJ42 LX. I had it for five year now, but couldn't register it, went I first purchased from a guy in Pittsburgh. CA DMV sent me to CHP inspected, they give me the boot. So instead of trying to fight it. I decided registered in AZ. Now it's been five years, I figured why not give it a try again. Yes, I got further, didn't have to see CHP, DMV give me the 90 day permit. Just had to wait for Sacramento to finish paperworks. Everything seem good. Just this evening , I got this letter from DMV technical compliance division asking for the infamous Toyota letter. This just messed up my whole night!!! Then I thought my good guys at IHMUD could at least point me at the right direction. Seem like you went threw the same scenario. Any advice? Did you call the number on the DMV letter? Did you call Toyota Co. for letter? Will they ever issue that letter? Any Help would be Greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom