Bj60+fj62+turbo= Bjt62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very awesome man, ill prob take you up on the offer for the core support Ill need it for my 62 too ;)....you should throw some of this up on NFC im sure the guys would love to see it.

Hey Ill also buy that 3fe wiring harness off of you if your planning on getting rid of it...

-Al

Looks like a nice clean 62. I did the same conversion to my 62 2 years ago...it pays off as the increased mpg's are worth it...DOUBLE the mpg!
How coe you did not pull the engine tranny together? Pull off that rad support and pull it straight out..really alot easier.

Like I said you will really enjoy, the only fault I see so far is the alternator is a little low on amp. for all the accessories. Are you going to run A/C? I was lucky as the bj60 I usd had factory A/C.

Looking good
Daryl

Looks like a nice clean 62. I did the same conversion to my 62 2 years ago...it pays off as the increased mpg's are worth it...DOUBLE the mpg!
How coe you did not pull the engine tranny together? Pull off that rad support and pull it straight out..really alot easier.

Like I said you will really enjoy, the only fault I see so far is the alternator is a little low on amp. for all the accessories. Are you going to run A/C? I was lucky as the bj60 I usd had factory A/C.

Looking good
Daryl

I am going to pull the core support on the bj.

I took the 62 apart in pieces in order not to damage the truck.

I will be running a/c in the 62. This is a major factor for the conversion.

My 60 doesn't have it.

Last edited:
Very awesome man, ill prob take you up on the offer for the core support Ill need it for my 62 too ;)....you should throw some of this up on NFC im sure the guys would love to see it.

Hey Ill also buy that 3fe wiring harness off of you if your planning on getting rid of it...

-Al

pm'd you

"cruiser karma"

Looking good
Daryl

I have been rolling the bj for about 6 months.

Mpg is always above 20. I love it.

Looks like a nice clean 62. How coe you did not pull the engine tranny together? Pull off that rad support and pull it straight out..really alot easier.

Looking good
Daryl

I took your advice and began removing the core support.

Once again, FLORENCE is sleeping on the job.
fj62 tear down 022.jpg
fj62 tear down 023.jpg
fj62 tear down 026.jpg

Last edited:
more pics

No tornados to report........although

it has been rainig cats and dogs.

I am still working outside...... weather depending.

Note my drivers headlight bucket, the po broke it.

"Thanks lowtideride for the new headlight pieces"
fj62 tear down 029.jpg
fj62 tear down 030.jpg
fj62 tear down 033.jpg

Last edited:
You could use the rad support from the Bj and go Round headlights......

Looks like a great project when they are both lined up :)

You could use the rad support from the Bj and go Round headlights......

Looks like a great project when they are both lined up :)

In my book, the squares are where it's at.....

Last edited:
I didn't know that 3bs were that responsive! Excellent build.

Are you going to keep it standard? If so, are you going to swap out the entire pedal bucket?

I didn't know that 3bs were that responsive! Excellent build.

Are you going to keep it standard? If so, are you going to swap out the entire pedal bucket?

Yeah, I am swapping the pedal bucket, flanges, drive shafts, xfer, tranny, motor, gas tank, radiator etc.

Thanks Orangefj45 for the write up:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=125194&page=2

I am following his lead on the pedal bucket swap.
oragnge45.jpg

Last edited:
X2 on the "snappy" 3b, I wish my "hotroded" 2f was that snappy...
Jonathan

3B's are pretty torquey on the bottom. They propel the truck pretty easy, but its the top end on long hill and highway where it runs out of steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom