Biography of a Bull (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you're going to get 35"s, are you going SOA or a bigger lift? At that point, a highsteer setup to run larger 80 arms would be better than running old 60 TRE's.

I'll have to look into that. Search button, here I come.

Have you put any work into your drawer setup yet?

Not yet, been too busy around the house. I've put a little thought into them though, and I'm gonna want something modular that I can take in and out and change with the event (tailgating, family camping, wheeling, etc). Got some ideas, but nothing on paper yet.

Looking good. I guess people have cleared 35s with an OME ultra-heavy lift and maybe a 1" body lift. So far I like being SUA with 35s. I got some used Alcans for a good price. I have a 5" lift that seems to fit the 35s perfectly.

First off, great rig! Good starting point and good work after...bummer to hear about the roof rack incident.

I'm with Ducks....5" Alcans and 35's doing great. My Alcans are rather old and I'm getting 4.5"-4.75" of lift from them so I installed 2.5" extended CCOT HFS shackles and all is well.

Thanks for the comments guys. :beer: If I do go for 35's, it'll probably be SOA. It's not likely to happen for a few years, at that, so I'm happy with being able to fit 33s.

There are some immediate mods that I'm looking at doing before GSMTR in June. Now that the truck is running better, I can focus on these. I'd like to get some OME AALs to help level the truck back out, and then for some extended AI shackles to get a little more clearance. Then looking for some 4.10's/4.11's from 62s or 80s to help the gearing out, and an aussie for the rear. Combining these should allow me to do most of what I want to do at Tellico for GSMTR.

So, keep an eye out, and if I can find enough pennies, you might see a bit more change in the next few months.

There are some immediate mods that I'm looking at doing before GSMTR in June. Now that the truck is running better, I can focus on these. I'd like to get some OME AALs to help level the truck back out, and then for some extended AI shackles to get a little more clearance. Then looking for some 4.10's/4.11's from 62s or 80s to help the gearing out, and an aussie for the rear. Combining these should allow me to do most of what I want to do at Tellico for GSMTR.

So, keep an eye out, and if I can find enough pennies, you might see a bit more change in the next few months.

Definitely go with the Aussie Locker in the rear. Relatively inexpensive and easy to install.

What I'm really surprised to hear is how much of a difference the wider wheels made. That just moved up in my priorities list.

Man I wish I could make it to GSMTR. If only it wasn't during the week.

Man I wish I could make it to GSMTR. If only it wasn't during the week.

We'll be there all weekend too! Come on down, it'll be a blast. We're looking at between 100 and 200 trucks. Check the link in my sig for more info.

Yeah, from your comments I figured that for you, like me, those are out of the budget. But that there might be something there that triggers an idea. Might search Expo Portal on the drawers topic as there are lots of relavent threads over there.

A part that I saw in one of those threads that I really liked was a captured roller. 6 of them were used instead of the typical drawer side ball slides. 4 in the bottom of the housing and 2 at the upper rear corners of the drawer. Would be fairly simple to fangle something like them at home.

Ducks, I agree with you on Kevin's setup. I'd really like to do the seat back flip idea. Even picked up a second set of seat locks for doing this. Figure I can make the drawers interchangeable and mostly modular. I would like to more camping out of the back of my Cruiser, and that setup is by far the easiest to live with.

You've got lots of great ideas for your rig, Carp! Keep it up. It won't take too long.

See you soon, I'm sure!

:cheers:

Gutter repair

So have you jumped into wire wheel heaven and gotten the sealent out of the gutter yet. Messy job, :cheers:

Not to beat the tire thread to death bt I've been running 32x10.5x15 for 3 years without any wear issues. I'm now moving to 33x10.5x15. My sister runs 33x12.5x15 on her 60 without issues.

Great looking rig, congrats.

Got some time and money to spend on the Cruiser (child credits are helpful!), and already tricks up my sleeve. Should see some more progress next week.

Hints include:
KM2 285/75R16s
Tacoma Wheels
West Texas Off-Road
80 R&P...

:confused::confused::confused: E-lockers??

I wish!! Nope, just a friend gave me a rear 4.10 R&P from his 80 when he upgraded. They look great, and I have to find a second R&P...

I wish!! Nope, just a friend gave me a rear 4.10 R&P from his 80 when he upgraded. They look great, and I have to find a second R&P...

Nice! Go buy a third out of a 62 someone's parting out.

Today was the day. Got the new KM2's (285/75R16's) and the 16's mounted. I think that they combo of the charcoal/gunmetal and the silver looks good. What thinks you?

IMG_3416.JPG

The wheels are 16x7's from an 05-07 Tacoma Prerunner. When I went to pick up the wheels from a Craigslist listing, they were supposed to be Tundra wheels (with the 4" backspacing). But they didn't match the picture on the website. The guy told me they came off a Tundra, so I believed him (didn't have a tape measure with me). Get them home and put them on, NO GO. Touching the TRE's. Take them off to measure, and see what I found

IMG_3409.JPG

That's right, 5 3/16" backspacing. If I wanted to run these wheels, I was going to need some spacers. Found some (4) 1 1/2" spacers on ebay for ~$120. Doing the math put the wheels at 3 11/16" backspacing, just outboard of the factory 3 3/4". Figure that should work well. Plus the spacer and wheel combo was cheaper than ordering wheels and I have the option to change to whatever I want in the future.

Painted the wheels with a Rustoleum metallic paint - Charcoal Metallic. 3 coats.

This combination keeps the tall narrow wagon look, I think. Plus now I get the added benefit of beefier tires. Also, I did put the airsoft BB's in there, 8oz, and it seems balanced enough on the drive home. Will drive more and let you know how it goes as I get more miles on them. Enough chat, another pic!

IMG_3415.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great especially with that matching stripe!

New Rubber

Looking good keep it up. Still got your shackels!:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom