Bilstein 6112/5160 Installed (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I forgot to get a good picture of the finished product. I was so tired I only got this one. I also meant to ask, what do you guys think about these alignment numbers?

View attachment 2448973
Nice update, and hard work. I noticed you have spacers as well. Care to share tire size? and front picture to see stance? What brand and size spacers? Any comments on upside downside of spacer experience? (I know you are using stock wheels - nice powder-coat work btw)
Thanks!

@jefo13 I did not reinstall the spacers. I had purchased a pair of the stock Toyota spacers and when I received them I realized I had a pair from my old 2nd gen Tundra ( owned 8 years ago) laying around somewhere about the same size. I found them and compared. They alloy Tundra spacers I had were slightly thicker than the Toyota ones by 1 or 2 mm. They netted me about 1.4'' of lift in the front from stock height. I returned the Toyota spacers and Saved about $90! I set my Bilsteins on the 5th perch up front. I didn't have any downside to those small spacers. I was just looking for a better ride quality and a little more lift. I also wanted more payload in the rear. This is why I went with the icon Progressive springs in the rear. The icon's net 1.75'' of lift in the rear. PS, The wife seems to really like the improved ride quality. She said it doesn't feel so sloppy anymore. I'm glad she noticed that and not the increased height, lol

Last edited:
@jefo13 I did not reinstall the spacers. I had purchased a pair of the stock Toyota spacers and when I received them I realized I had a pair from my old 2nd gen Tundra ( owned 8 years ago) laying around somewhere about the same size. I found them and compared. They alloy Tundra spacers I had were slightly thicker than the Toyota ones by 1 or 2 mm. They netted me about 1.4'' of lift in the front from stock height. I returned the Toyota spacers and Saved about $90! I set my Bilsteins on the 5th perch up front. I didn't have any downside to those small spacers. I was just looking for a better ride quality and a little more lift. I also wanted more payload in the rear. This is why I went with the icon Progressive springs in the rear. The icon's net 1.75'' of lift in the rear. PS, The wife seems to really like the improved ride quality. She said it doesn't feel so sloppy anymore. I'm glad she noticed that and not the increased height, lol
I meant wheel spacers not strut spacers ;)

I meant wheel spacers not strut spacers ;)
ahhhh They are Trail gear. They work fine. no issues. These are also from my old Tundra. I have had 9 Toyota SUV/ Trucks over the past 10 years at this point and I am finally starting to benefit from all those lose parts I have laying around. lol BORA and Spider Traxx are the 2 most reputable companies. I have used both. I had a couple 100 series before and those are more crucial to buy a specific brand to be able to clear that style front HUB, but the 200 doesn't have the same style / and or cause any issues. I like running stock wheels, but the offset is just a little to in for my liking. I like the wheels/ tires to be flush to the fender. It visually just so much more pleasing. I'm sure there is some benefit wheeling as well. My tires are BF Goodrich KM3 33/12.5/18. I'll get you some profile pictures this afternoon. The powder coat came out a little more "chocolate Bronze" than Goldish like I was looking for, but Thanks. It's different. It still works.

If different brand hub spacers of the same thickness allow full thread engagement of the inner lugnuts vs a few threads not engaged, that would be a much better situation, for the record.

I forgot to get a good picture of the finished product. I was so tired I only got this one. I also meant to ask, what do you guys think about these alignment numbers?

View attachment 2448973

Did the shop that worked on your alignment even do anything besides adjust the toe? Caster seems low compared to others that have posted their alignment specs

@afgman786 I probably should have paid better attention..... All I asked was everything good? The guy replied "yes sir"..... not my brightest moment.

Yeah the alignment doesn't even look like the minimum "make everything green" treatment. I run 3.4 for caster but that is at the high end of the range. My truck definitely wants to go straight though.

Does your steering feel light and theres a bit of bumpy steer? yeah thats from the low caster angles.

Does your steering feel light and theres a bit of bumpy steer? yeah thats from the low caster angles.
I drove it yesterday ant it felt pretty good. It was only 10 miles or less though. It isn’t my daily driver. I’ll get in it later today and try to get a better feel. @jefo13 here’s a few tire profile pictures I snapped.

17D1DF09-0A55-4680-ADE3-4D6A7AAA6FB5.jpeg

C4DC2055-9997-452B-9A63-2AECC708328A.jpeg

Yup. Shocks boots includes. Not super sexy in my opinion, but probably functional in the rear to protect against dirt and debris

Cool thanks. I noticed the OP didn't have the boots.

I pulled the trigger this morning on a set. Now to wait a week and choose a rear spring... OME 2720 or 2721...

I’m pretty happy with my icons. I haven’t had a chance to load them down with serious weight, but they ride nice paired with the shocks. They provide 1.75” of lift though, probably not what you are looking for.

Cool thanks. I noticed the OP didn't have the boots.

I pulled the trigger this morning on a set. Now to wait a week and choose a rear spring... OME 2720 or 2721...
I just put 2720s on with my kings. I know they are listed as -20mm but I still gained an inch over the stock springs, and less squat when loaded. I was consulting with another member than ran 2721s and the same shocks and they ended up with the rear too high, though I guess this will depend a lot on how heavy you are. I’m pretty light in the big scheme.

I just put 2720s on with my kings. I know they are listed as -20mm but I still gained an inch over the stock springs, and less squat when loaded. I was consulting with another member than ran 2721s and the same shocks and they ended up with the rear too high, though I guess this will depend a lot on how heavy you are. I’m pretty light in the big scheme.

I ended up going with the 2721 after a few hours of research. I have a gobi rack and probably 50 lbs of gear. From my research the 2721 should yield about 1.75" of lift. Worse case it will end up in the classifieds.

I measured the garage door, and i have 3 more inches to play with 🤣

I ended up going with the 2721 after a few hours of research. I have a gobi rack and probably 50 lbs of gear. From my research the 2721 should yield about 1.75" of lift. Worse case it will end up in the classifieds.

I measured the garage door, and i have 3 more inches to play with 🤣
Good call. I was surprised I actually remembered to measure the new height of my truck for parking garages and such..

Heads up. Just ordered from Katherine and Bilstein had about a 20% price increase last week. (Groan)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom