Bighorn fire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My mother is staying with us tonight. Smoke issues with her assisted care facility.

From my house near Grant/Swan night before last. Last night there were significantly less.
fire-1.JPG
fire-2.JPG

Praying this isn't a repeat of 2003. We could use a surge of most air from Mexico about now.

I am having flashbacks to 2003 and the Aspen Fire. Have an ugly gut feeling we may loose Summerhaven again. :frown:
002.JPG
001.JPG

Fire looks to be cresting Samaniego ridge as I speak.

I am having flashbacks to 2003 and the Aspen Fire. Have an ugly gut feeling we may loose Summerhaven again. :frown:

I did not know know about that fire back in 2003 until you mentioned it the other day. 84000 acres is crazy.. hopefully its not a repeat.

I can't imagine being up there to defend this. These are from the North side (Oracle) moments ago, gets bigger by the minute. 30 minute time frame between the first and the last.
005.JPG
011.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG

our view of the Bush fire was just like that: every half hour, the fire got bigger and produced more smoke

:crybaby:

Our view (Tucson Eastside) the night before last... My wife's friend/Co-worker lives in Summerhaven. Everyone is getting evacuated but her husband is the Sheriff so they are supposed to be the last ones out. As of yesterday it was 40% contained. Really hope the wind dies down unless it brings some rain.

IMG_20200616_202518.jpg

We received a robo call from the Oracle fire dept at 10 last night informing us that we are at "set" stage of evacuation.
Try going back to sleep after one of those. And jumping in a truck at 3am....
Fire is 10 miles away at this point. :hmm:
I remember the Oracle Ridge Fire years ago that came to the back door. When friends would gather at a good vantage point 1/4 mile from the flames and watch the slurry bombers drop their loads. No mention of evac then. Times have changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom