Best Seat Covers - Anyone using Neoprene? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, which is why she wants them covered. She is Vegan ... no meat, cheese, dairy, or even Honey in her diet ... nothing that comes from an animal. She does not wear leather shoes, belts, or have any furniture in the house that is covered in any animal hide, fur, or animal skins.

In an 80? What's going to happen when she realizes how much fun it is to run over animals in an 80?

I have teased her about that....she has environmental concerns ... and I told her I put an ARB on there to knock those pesky deer all over the road out of her way. :)

However, she lives in the boonies with her pets. When she got stuck a few feet outside of her garage in it .... and then saw me driving through a foot of unplowed snow like it wasn't even there, she wanted a cruiser.

She called me an "Eco Terrorist" with my Land Cruiser. I have not heard her use that term since she decided to get one herself..:)

In an 80? What's going to happen when she realizes how much fun it is to run over animals in an 80?

Rich, You should do an experiment. Leave a bag of venison jerky and a high power rifle on the front seat. See what happens. She'll be eating wolves and eagles in no time :p

Find her a set of factory fabric seats to swap out.

I have the wet okoles in my 00"tacoma and they have been great so far.

They do smell for the first little bit but it goes away like previously stated. As far as the swamp ass goes I find the leather in the cruiser to be a lot worse than the okoles so if you can handle the leather these will be an upgrade.

Overall fit and finish is the best of ANY seat cover I have ever seen period.

The best thing about them is how durable they are. I own a 70lb dog that rides shotgun whenever I go wheeling. Lets just say the pass seat is wet, muddy, and covered in dog hair regularly but still looks great. I just let the seats dry out then shopvac the dried muck and dust out. Dog hair comes off easily as well which is a bonus if youre carting animals around. I have also checked a couple of times and the water has never penetrated the seat cover. The cover is "soaked" while the oe cloth under it is bone dry.

Bottom line is I dont regret buying these and would do so again.

D

Stop the sensless slaughter of baby neoprenes! Tis a shame to ony use their hides for seat covers, wet suites and waders. ;)

Really just another "vote" for the SOR tuff Duk covers. I am happy with mine. Just wish I could have gotten them in desert camo to better match the oak interior...the woodland has a tad too much green. Color aside, they fit pretty good and are easy to install/remove.

Yes, but she is going to cover them and pretend they are not there... I guess the idea of a built Land Cruiser in her favorite color .. green ... is enough to bring her over to the dark side...:)

Arn't the factory seats leather? (animal product):hmm:

I have had good luck with the saddle blanket

I've had Wet Okole's in my 80 and currently have SOR Tuff Duck in my 100. In terms of design the SOR covers are better for the front seats as they do not have any hardware that gets secured under the seats. The Wet Okoles have belts that route below the seats which get caught up and torn on the rails and drive screw hardware as the seat is moved forward/back.

Fitment is very good on both but the Wet Okoles have a little bit of padding that makes them more comfy, except in the hotter months as they do make your backside sweat. Customer service was very good with Wet Okole. I lost some buckles and they sent me a handful for free along with cleaning shampoo.

Don't forget she'll need a steering wheel and shifter cover and they're both leather. :)

Rich,

I suggest going with the microfiber seat covers from Great Covers. The fit and finish from them is outstanding. That material should be good all year long, especially during the humid season. I have their waterproof covers on both 80's and love them. However, now I may go with a set of microfiber for the extreme heat and cold times of the year.

I just put on coverking neoprene covers from Costco. They were only about 150 bucks for the two buckets, so pretty good price. They fit ok, they are a little loose around the seat controls area. I used some double sided velcro to make it fit a bit better. They do stink though. I hope the smell goes away, I have had them in for about 2 weeks now. There is a post somewhere I started with pics of them, I would recommend them at this point. They are tons better than my cracked hard seats.

Howdy Rich:
Yes, we often drive the commuter car without air con turned on in the summer here in DC. The wet okole's haven't been bad at all (granted, we are not in Mississipi or Florida). Cloth is most breathable, then Okoles', then leather, then vinyl. However, the Okole's have been very durable and comfortable and I would buy them again.

Funny...:)

I have been trying to convince her to get a rifle in case the bears decide to make a snack out of her dogs. I have had no luck with this yet. Maybe the jerky would help...I had not thought of that..:)

Rich, You should do an experiment. Leave a bag of venison jerky and a high power rifle on the front seat. See what happens. She'll be eating wolves and eagles in no time :p

Yes, but she is going to cover them and pretend they are not there... I guess the idea of a built Land Cruiser in her favorite color .. green ... is enough to bring her over to the dark side...:)

x2on tuff duck

btw isn't our fuel from extinct animals? :doh:

Recycling

Money is made from linen which is a plant based fabric. If she spent less money she would be saving trees and still riding on cow hide. The cow died for her seats. Moment of silence and show some respect :)

SOR Tuff Duck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom