I just ran a couple 20 amp dedicated circuits to power a couple of electric fireplaces in the downstairs bedrooms at our cabin. Hate the thought of not knowing if there are any loose connections getting hot. Just want the heat coming for the fireplace not the walls. Used 20 amp rated outlet with 12 gauge wire. But only used 15 amp breakers. While running the wiring into the main panel noticed a few wires rodents had been nibbling on the insulation. I know getting rid of the rodents is the best option but with 2"X6" frame could never guarantee nothing going on in the walls. In my old house (early nineties) I used GFI breakers on the 115 circuits. I know there arc protection breakers now. Are these better to protect wiring? Is there breakers to protect two pole 230 volt breakers. I know dryers use a neutral for 115 volts and my sub panel to the garage has a neutral. That makes it trickier detecting a short. Thanks for any help.