Best Aftermarket Door Weatherstripping? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket weather stripping option for the doors of my FJ40? I heard there were some self-adhering options as well but haven't been able to find them. I'd like them as thick as possible in an effort to eliminate as much rattle as possible. Thanks.

Agreed with City Racer for wx stripping. Top notch stuff. He is rumored to be working on the stripping for 1974 styled doors which are NLA, as well. But I believe his product mirrors factory thickness. If you feel you need something thicker than OEM, check your door hinges. If the bushings are gone, there is a Mud member who sells new brass ones. New bushings will remove slop. Also, if you like to remove your doors, there is another member who sells a modified style hinge that facilitates that. Either might help. If the slop is in the latches, new OEM strikers are still available for some years.

OEM is the way to go and was still available the last time I looked. I hear good things about City Racer’s, but I don’t see any reason not to go with OEM if it’s available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom