Ben's 86 HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Plan is to get OME suspension (2" Heavy Heavy) original split rims with 255/85R16
Spotlights, bumper replacements, etc etc!

Last edited:
Wow nice Cruiser!!!! Cant wait to see her all modded Ben!

After a Cruiser my self. Just waiting to find the right one.

Cheers for the link to the LandCruiser Book, Seems like its cheaper to buy straight from them versus their trademe price.

If you plan to tour the country in your 60 or go past Wellington be keen to see your 60! Hopefuly by then ill have one.

Aaron.

Hey Sprey thanks man

Should be passing though there sometime. There was one on trademe Toyota Landcruiser 1987 | Trade Me - didn't sell for 5k asking, maybe you could get it around 3.5 / 4k and spend a couple k to spruce it up. Depends what model and how good example your after I guess, very hard to tell unless see them.

people tend to hang on these trucks esp the good ones. so not that easy to find
I think you'll def need look outside welly to find one - I mean don`t limit yourself to an area you can get to easy cos you'll never find one. I got mine delivered from a different city.
Other option is to get 70 or 80 series.. I really wanted a troop carrier but they cost a bomb.. pretty happy I got the 60 now though

Cheers
Ben
Np.
Yup seen that one, Pretty much a trademeholic :p. Traveled to New Plymouth to have a test drive of one, Wasnt overly impressed, His price was way over the top ( thats a dealer for ya!). But overall im still looking, Prefably after one with a 12ht in it. 80 Series prices are way out of my league.

Quite agree on the troopys they look soo cool but price yea way out as well.

Ill find something eventualy! Not in a rush.

Bit of a random question, You getting anoyed at that steering wheel yet? Both the 60s ive driven have had that steering wheel i kept honking at people by accident. :doh:

You steering wheel is on the wrong side. I hope they discounted it a bit for that! Great looking rig, man! Keep us updated with pics!

Hey man you seen this one? Toyota Landcruiser VX 1989 | Trade Me

looks like it has potential huh, pretty hard to find on one with lower kms that that, and its got the 12HT motor :)
Yeap not bad! Shame its far away. Price isnt to bad going by the looks. I think for now gonna keep my eye out.

Saw a 60 today same as yours rusted out hardout sitting in a wreckers yard. Well pretty much very simular to yours i think was hard to get a good view.

Hi all, newbe here. Got a HJ60 about 8 months ago and loving it. Got plenty of plans for it - as you do - so I will post pics and info as I go along!

Shes an original example in great condition - hard to find, so I plan on looking after her :)

001.jpg

Very nice. Very clean engine bay.
I thought I recognised that colour.

Here's the one my dad drove in the late 80s.
3.jpg

Hey, I saw your dad's cruiser on YouTube. I remember it because of that grass he used. He was totally stuck, right?:D
That's the only big problem with a cruiser: who's gonna pull you out when you get stuck?!

Hi there HJ60kiwi, good to see another cruiserhead in the mainland.
Sweet looking truck and love the draw system.

I have always liked the progressive colors of red and orange. Used to see it alot on ski clothing in the 1980s. Perhaps Toyota followed that trend in fashion and applied it to cloths. Never less, still my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom