Because It's Your Magazine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like fun!

:D

We can do that.

Alvaro

Wow, I mean what can I say but wow.

Just recieved my April/May issue, well written and very nice work as usual.

Small issue, I drove my customers FJ45 with diesel conversion and frame off restoration 26 hrs to Pismo. Slept in the back of the cruiser on a air mattress while my Canuck friends Sheldon and Greg fed me over the weekend.

When I arrived later that day I drove the truck to the top of a dune, great backdrop with sunset. While I stood on the dune with the FJ45 running a FJ40 came cruising up and out hopped Ziggy and Treeroot.

They asked if I mind they take a couple pictures, I was pleased and answered yes. Mike said this is one of the best shots and would think it would make a good front cover shot, I said it would be great even if it made it into the trials mag.

Couple months later I got a call from Mike asking if he could post up the cruiser in Trails, I said yes and waited eagerly in anticipation for the copy.

My customers rig did not make it, I was pretty let down.

My membership came up next month, will do some soul searching and try and find a good reason why I should stay a member.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who you feel betrayed you. If Toyota Trails, we make no promises as to who or what will appear in the magazine and certainly made none in this specific case. Putting the magazine together is a complicated process and people/trucks definitely get left out. In this case, we used 19 of the 251 photos submitted. So there is the potential that 232 people feel left out. In fact, they were left out and I apologize that we have a limited amount of space for photography. But at the end of the day, I feel confident that we have chosen the photographs that best represent the story.

I hope that you'll remain an active member of TLCA and I apologize for your continued frustration.

TJK

Rob,

I just noticed that you posted this in the Member Rigs thread. That's a separate section of the magazine and photos submitted for articles are not considered for the Member Rigs section. I'm not sure if this is what was expected. In any case, if your customer is a TLCA member, he or she would be more than welcome to submit a description and photos for consideration in the Member Rigs area.

TJK

Thats why I pulled the betrayed, more like let down.

Went away on a month long holiday, whole time thinking about the shot in the mag, thought it would be cool.

I did not ask for it, I was asked and its human nature to get excited that my customers rig may make a spot in the mag.

I'm not sure who you feel betrayed you. If Toyota Trails, we make no promises as to who or what will appear in the magazine and certainly made none in this specific case. Putting the magazine together is a complicated process and people/trucks definitely get left out. In this case, we used 19 of the 251 photos submitted. So there is the potential that 232 people feel left out. In fact, they were left out and I apologize that we have a limited amount of space for photography. But at the end of the day, I feel confident that we have chosen the photographs that best represent the story.

I hope that you'll remain an active member of TLCA and I apologize for your continued frustration.

TJK

Prolly not, I will keep posting on mud my customers builds if they give me the OK.

Rob

Rob,

I just noticed that you posted this in the Member Rigs thread. That's a separate section of the magazine and photos submitted for articles are not considered for the Member Rigs section. I'm not sure if this is what was expected. In any case, if your customer is a TLCA member, he or she would be more than welcome to submit a description and photos for consideration in the Member Rigs area.

TJK

I assume that any articles submitted must be original, as in we cannot submit a "Rig of the Month" from 'mud for publication in 'Trails?

But you ought to be able to come up with a few fresh shots, and a condensed description of your rig, right? Most ROTM's are 10 posts worth of descriptions/pictures.

I'd consider it. My issue would be, why would someone want the Reader's Digest version when they read the actual book? Do you know what I mean?

TJK

Yeah hey Dragon you have been busting balls on your FJ and it looks great. I would submit my 100, but it's stock and nothing to write home about for readers so I will just continue to watch guys like you who make it happen. Someday maybe I'll have something worth putting in the magazine. I have plenty of dreams to work on with the 100, but it's going to take a few years to materialize. A one income family isn't much help! Need that woman to graduate already so I can get to work on not only the 100, but my 40 too.
:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom