BBCNN Run: CHANGED!!! WHITE, MONITOR MOUNTAINS OR DEATH VALLEY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice pics guys. That looks like a great trip.

Spresso-I want to see the route from Bristlecone to Eureka valley. That's a nice way to leave the pavement even earlier on the way to Death Valley. Any highpoints that could be closed by snow?

I love camping at Eureka Dunes, though I was caught there 2 years ago in an epic windstorm and could not even get out of the Cruiser due to the blowing sand. No dinner that night!

Count me in on next year's October adventure, whether Death Valley or Central Nevada.
We still want to see that route and Steel Pass, let us know if you want to give it a try.

Nice pics guys. That looks like a great trip.

Spresso-I want to see the route from Bristlecone to Eureka valley. That's a nice way to leave the pavement even earlier on the way to Death Valley. Any highpoints that could be closed by snow?

I love camping at Eureka Dunes, though I was caught there 2 years ago in an epic windstorm and could not even get out of the Cruiser due to the blowing sand. No dinner that night!

Count me in on next year's October adventure, whether Death Valley or Central Nevada.

Hmmm...the White range is pretty much snowed in during late fall, winter and spring months. There's a fair amount of what looks like spring run-off in some parts of Wyman Canyon that might make it tough to navigate. I'd think this route is a warmer weather route.

Anyway...up Silver Canyon Trail...a little jog that is marked over to Wyman Canyon Trail...down to not quite Oasis on Hwy 168 to an easy to spot shortcut gravel to Fish Lake Valley on and down Willow Creek gravel trail/road and finally a short jaunt East on Death Valley Road to the Eureka Valley Road.

The other route I want to check out after I get my new aux tank is upon exiting DV take the north leg from Crankshaft Junction...follow the eastern flank of the White Mountain Range until the Queen Canyon Trail which skirts the northern most edge of the White Mountain range. Plus there are numerous dead-end trails leading into springs, etc on that side of the White range too. I think I could easily kill a week playing in and around the White Mountain range! Say when!

How was that shotgun wedding?

What a great trip. A big thank you to everybody involved. Great food and company.

If anyone happens to be driving from the Racetrack to the Ubehebe (?) Crater please look out for this part...:whoops:

IMG_0163.jpg

is it really littering if you have no clue your doing it?

What a great trip. A big thank you to everybody involved. Great food and company.

If anyone happens to be driving from the Racetrack to the Ubehebe (?) Crater please look out for this part...:whoops:

IMG_0163.jpg

is it really littering if you have no clue your doing it?
I think your okay. Unless we narc you out. :lol:

Hmmm...I smell a little buyoff in Zaya coming :D.
I still owe him for the gas I bummed to get back to town, it wouldn't be right for me to blackmail him.

You OTOH

:grinpimp:

Last edited:
Ok...I took the least # of photos on this trip than ever. Don't know why...must have been the fact everyone else had cameras this time. Or maybe I was just lazy :lol:.

We had the same problem, we took maybe five pictures the whole time...

Nice looking group of trucks:clap:

Did you go, Jack? I don't see your truck in any of those pics...

Yep, I was there. When we left Eureka Dunes, I was in the lead and since we were through an obstacle before anyone got there and we didn't take any pictures, well the 80 got left out. You missed a great trip Matt, hopefully you can make the next one.

Good thing he has a snorkle:grinpimp:

You should have seen the entire crossing, I did have to use my windshield wipers afterword.:grinpimp:

The other route I want to check out after I get my new aux tank is upon exiting DV take the north leg from Crankshaft Junction...follow the eastern flank of the White Mountain Range until the Queen Canyon Trail which skirts the northern most edge of the White Mountain range. Plus there are numerous dead-end trails leading into springs, etc on that side of the White range too. I think I could easily kill a week playing in and around the White Mountain range! Say when!

Sign me up for that one. By the sounds of it, that might call for the aux tank and some additional fuel as well.:steer:

I should have my aux tank installed in a month or so. I have to finish up some other stuff before I install the tank. I am going to modify my rear bumper slightly before I install the tank.

Jack

If you guyz do this again next year, IM IN.
Id just need some notice for the time off. I wish that I could have gone.

BTW, I should be starting day shift in the next couple of weeks, so I should be able to attned meetings again starting next month!

I miss you guyz!:crybaby:

K

If you guyz do this again next year, IM IN.
Id just need some notice for the time off. I wish that I could have gone.

BTW, I should be starting day shift in the next couple of weeks, so I should be able to attned meetings again starting next month!

I miss you guyz!:crybaby:

K
We miss you too ya big lug. :grinpimp:

Really nice trip report and pics :cheers: Sigh, maybe someday I'll be able to join you folks.

I'm still sitting PA and daydreaming about DV!!!

Sorry for the late report - but we had a minor disaster at home - one of the posts of my porch had collapsed so I had to fix it before the porch came down :).

We got back to Sunnyvale around 10:30pm on Sun after taking the 120 through Yosemite. The evening light did wonders on that road. We really had a great time on the whole trip - the drive up was definitely worth it. Thanks all for making this a trip to remember. It was a successful intro for my wife Lata to the wheeling world and she's keen to go on more such trips.

DV was absolutely amazing. my only time there earlier had been on the main road with a short trip to the badlands. Looks like we could spend atleast a week exploring all the backroad/trail treasures. Dan's espresso and Jeremy's bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers were divine.

Here are some of my pics. Picasa Web Albums - Rohitash - DV Run Oct 3r...

Sorry for the late report - but we had a minor disaster at home - one of the posts of my porch had collapsed so I had to fix it before the porch came down :).

We got back to Sunnyvale around 10:30pm on Sun after taking the 120 through Yosemite. The evening light did wonders on that road. We really had a great time on the whole trip - the drive up was definitely worth it. Thanks all for making this a trip to remember. It was a successful intro for my wife Lata to the wheeling world and she's keen to go on more such trips.

DV was absolutely amazing. my only time there earlier had been on the main road with a short trip to the badlands. Looks like we could spend atleast a week exploring all the backroad/trail treasures. Dan's espresso and Jeremy's bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers were divine.

I laughed again when I saw the DANG WASHOUT sign.

Ro,
It was great to meet you and Lata...and having you along was a benefit for us too! The only downside to our trip: Like all of them it could have been longer! Great photos also...thanks for taking and posting them up for all to enjoy.

Dan

Rohitash, it was a pleasure meeting both you and Lata, glad you were able to join in on our little trip. Looking forward to another trip.

To everyone in the group, thanks again for another great adventure.

By the way, I found out why my range on my radio might not have been that great. I finally got a cap for the mount and when I went to take the antenna off, I found out it was very loose. Kind of surprised and happy I didn't lose it.

Jack

GREAT pics Rohitash!

Some of those look right out of a National Geographic!

Where was that wash at, what trail?

K

GREAT pics Rohitash!

Some of those look right out of a National Geographic!

Where was that wash at, what trail?

K

Actually there were numerous wash out/over areas: The biggest one is on Saline Valley Road near Hunter Canyon (Salt Lake) where large boulders from atop were carried down/dislodged by the rain down onto the road (they have signs up at each end "Road Closed"); apparently 2-3 weeks ago a big dump of rain caused flash flooding on much of the Saline Valley Road; especially the South 3/4 of this road. I was amazed how much erosion and wash out/over the road has taken place. But no trouble for the Land Cruisers ;)!

Additionally while we were camped at the Hot Springs we watched a large storm scurry to the East of us. Only the next day while travelling between Racetrack and Ubehebe did we see where that storm dumped, again, a fair amount of rain that resulted in wash outs on that stretch of trail.

Looks like it's time for some sliders for the camp trailer...

Actually there were numerous wash out/over areas: The biggest one is on Saline Valley Road near Hunter Canyon (Salt Lake) where large boulders from atop were carried down/dislodged by the rain down onto the road (they have signs up at each end "Road Closed"); apparently 2-3 weeks ago a big dump of rain caused flash flooding on much of the Saline Valley Road; especially the South 3/4 of this road. I was amazed how much erosion and wash out/over the road has taken place. But no trouble for the Land Cruisers ;)!

Additionally while we were camped at the Hot Springs we watched a large storm scurry to the East of us. Only the next day while travelling between Racetrack and Ubehebe did we see where that storm dumped, again, a fair amount of rain that resulted in wash outs on that stretch of trail.
It's probably a good thing you guys went out that way. The route from Teakettle Junction to Hunter Mountain looked like it would be bottomless mud if it got wet.

Looks like it's time for some sliders for the camp trailer...

I was looking at that last night. To much work for this trailer. Like they say you can put lipstick on a pig........:rolleyes:

How in the world did the hundies outnumber the 80s? :hmm:

Don't let it happen again Jack

:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom