BBCNN Run: CHANGED!!! WHITE, MONITOR MOUNTAINS OR DEATH VALLEY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actually there were numerous wash out/over areas: The biggest one is on Saline Valley Road near Hunter Canyon (Salt Lake) where large boulders from atop were carried down/dislodged by the rain down onto the road (they have signs up at each end "Road Closed"); apparently 2-3 weeks ago a big dump of rain caused flash flooding on much of the Saline Valley Road; especially the South 3/4 of this road. I was amazed how much erosion and wash out/over the road has taken place. But no trouble for the Land Cruisers ;)!

Additionally while we were camped at the Hot Springs we watched a large storm scurry to the East of us. Only the next day while travelling between Racetrack and Ubehebe did we see where that storm dumped, again, a fair amount of rain that resulted in wash outs on that stretch of trail.

So where abouts was the washout/ RIVER that Rohitash got pics of?
What trail was that on?
I did recognize that water crossing that Jack was plowing through...that is heading into the springs, right?
The shots of the storm coming in that you guyz got from the springs were beautiful! Like I said, I had never seen anything but blue skies when I had been there, so seeing the storm clouds lends a spectaular dynamic to the mountain views in the pics. Bet it was amazing in person!

K

Eventually we caught up to the group
DSCN0964.jpg

Wait, thats the wrong Dan!!!!!!
DSCN0965.jpg

Me and the Mrs.
DSCN0966.jpg

I think this should be the BBCNN American Gothic!

Its pretty simple actually (with a lot of others doing all the hardwork to put together nice free software!). In the album all you need to do is click on the photo and Picassaweb shows you a small map on the lower right side with the location of the photo. You can pan and zoom the map pretty easy.

Have fun!

Its pretty simple actually (with a lot of others doing all the hardwork to put together nice free software!). In the album all you need to do is click on the photo and Picassaweb shows you a small map on the lower right side with the location of the photo. You can pan and zoom the map pretty easy.

Have fun!
Now if only we could get links to show up in a contrasting color.

rohitash: That's really neat! But now that we know you're techno savvy we'll have to confiscate your digital camera on our really secret run locales! :D

Might as well hand over the GPS too :lol:

Hey Dan ( spesso)

What was the name of that amazing chorizo that you had on this trip.
I have been dreaming about that stuff.

ken

Hey Dan ( spesso)

What was the name of that amazing chorizo that you had on this trip.
I have been dreaming about that stuff.

ken

It's a dried hard chorizo that Whole Foods sells. Sometimes its over in the deli meats area and sometimes its in the prepackaged deli meats area and lately its been in the cheese area. Guess they can't make up their mind. But it, as you know, is worth looking for!

And...don't know if you are familiar with Mario Battali on TV Food Network or not. But his Dad has a hand crafted shop in Seattle called Salumi: Hmmm...Hmmm...damn good!

Ordering Salumi Products

I've had several different kinds from them...Finnioccio...and they have a Mole Hard Salumi once in a while that is KILLER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom