Builds Barons white FJ62 log (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, quick bit of work on Wipers. Installed two Relays direct to Battery rail (one on HI speed, one on LO speed), as I was only getting 11V via the loom. It has two wires (Hi, Low) as well as a constant 12V (I think) and a 'Off' 12V which triggers the 'park response (goes active when switch is in the off position). I simply piped the two 11V, Hi and Low to two seperate Relays switch side, and this switches 12.6V from the Battery to the Wiper Motors. It works great now, and can power the wipers in Dry weather (not recommended, but could test of power). The Park cct still works (its still wired to the loom circuit), but I've lost 'Int', so I guess I need some more work. At least I have good Wipers now!

Last edited:
Just an update on things. Not a lot going on. Rain is the enemy of 60's. unless you have brand-new well fitting window felts, you are going to get water coming into the door via the glass/rubber/felts. Thats why you have drains on the bottom of the doors. Next water issue is in the passenger footwell!! I thought this was due to poor draining in the section behind the wiper! but that section was completely rebuilt and new! so where is it coming from! Its only happening on those huge rain storms! Keeping trunk under cover permanently is the answer.

On other items, Brakes are great! Still dont trust handbrake enought to put the boat in, but some adjustment has improved it.

I'm also really happy with 12v system and the roof-racks etc.

I took the 60 to a carmeet the other day, I'll get some pics of it. However it was a normal jap/usa-muscle/brit meet, so the 60 was a bit odd, but some attention to it.

The engine is starting every time, and not really missing a beat. Might have some idle issues, but nothing that is constant. Also Air-con works well.

Finally bit the bullet and got the 3F Carb refurbed. Cost a bit, but was too much of a job to try myself, seeing I'm trying to find some issues. So the outcome is great. he found that the secondary diaphram was ripped, this meant my secondary was never even engaging. Also found that the carb empty issue likely something called 'siphoning', where an air-way get blocked, and the carb just keeps on draining through the jets, not from vacuum, more of a siphon motion. Also found Acell pump was backwards! So anyway put it on, and car had heaps more power then it used too. I'll give is some more goes over time to see if this fixed some of the main issues. I think I still have a vac-advance issue (getting some stuttering, on partial throttle, when going up fill) but I'm on the way to fixing these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom