Back seat belts wet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I need a hand here to see if anyone have had this problem on an 80.
What happens is that every time that rains, the seat belts on the back seats get wet, the two of them.

I have no idea where the water might be going thru, have someone experienced anything like this?

Could be a faulty window seals?

Thanks,

Rob.

Mine does not have sunroof!

Are we discussing the second row seats or third row?

Do you have the factory roof rack?

The Second Row, I just read that may be a problem here:

image-2907125516-jpg.742607

Will try to use some silicone and check.

This is from post: Wet Rear Seat Belts???

Oh man, you have a unicorn truck, no sliding back windows, no sun roof, no roof rack, you lucky dog. I so wish my truck came like that. So let me guess, your truck has manual cloth seats too?

The rearmost seat belts get wet if the one way vent flaps stick open behind the rear side window, mine did this after some **** tried to break in!

Never had trouble with middle row belts.

Regards

Dave

Oh man, you have a unicorn truck, no sliding back windows, no sun roof, no roof rack, you lucky dog. I so wish my truck came like that. So let me guess, your truck has manual cloth seats too?

hahah unfortunately that picture isnt mine. The only difference is that my 80 has sliding windows.
Today I sealed the clip piece with some silicon to see what happens. And yes, manual cloth! =) But I have them with some good seat covers.

The rearmost seat belts get wet if the one way vent flaps stick open behind the rear side window, mine did this after some **** tried to break in!

Never had trouble with middle row belts.

Regards

Dave

Hey Dave, Oh my!
I think that the seals on mine might be the problem...

Actually when I bought the car the seals on those rear windows were in bad shape, not sure if the previous owner changed them because they didnt fit very well, I tried to seal them with some silicone, but they are in a really bad shape.

ZfkXJUd.jpg

xBoI4XR.jpg

Any ideas where I can get these seals online?

IIRC Anamaya has them, if you look at the grills behind the windows, behind them are little flaps that allow sir out of the car when movung They are often broken or simpky worn, they may need replacing as well as the glass rubber? Note the grills are different gor fixed and sliding winfows.

Regafds

Dave

The Second Row, I just read that may be a problem here:

image-2907125516-jpg.742607

Will try to use some silicone and check.

This is from post: Wet Rear Seat Belts???
Make sure you use something that wont react with the metal. Pure silicone sucks for almost every application, automotive or otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom