AzRider now using protection?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much do you want for the line-x bumper?

Have you seen it? Lets just say it has some mods! With the proper sized hammer (sledge) and some love taps (beating) it could be restored to some semblance of straight.:hillbilly:

... I dont know about the spare tire plate, Brittan had mentioned that his had bent his(4X4Labs) when he backed into a rock and wanted to make one stronger. ...

The trick is; don't hit anything that hard!:hillbilly: But if it were to happen what would you want to bend? I like Luke's design, at 1/4" thick it's plenty strong to do the job, the clover leaf shape allows some flex/bending. If hit hard your choices are bending the wheel, spare carrier arm, spindle, bumper, wheel plate or truck frame. I would prefer to bend the wheel plate, it's relatively easy to replace, hidden so paint matching isn't an issue, etc.

your wife must really want you out of the house to be giving you the money and time to mess this.....uuurr...i mean, mess with this.

just paint it, then no one will have to hear you cry for three months worth of friday meets about your first scratch and how to fix it! hahaha

it looks good man!

I wouldnt put my old linex'ed bumper on a 80 beater. It is jacked up on both corners, pieces of linex missing, with 4 drill holes on the top from my aux lights. Its junk. Looked good when I first got it done, but the trails took its toll.

Brittan ended up purchasing 2 plates from Kevin's link. So it should be here this week and bumper finally finished.

If you only knew Anton, I spent $2400 on 2 bumpers, and every available weeekend im either working on my truck or doing side job to pay for it. She's not the happiest camper about the whole truck build and Moab preparation.

take her to Moab - then she will understand :D

She's not the happiest camper about the whole truck build and Moab preparation.

She should get the award for "Most patient woman in the universe" :lol::D

hahaha!
$2400 and my weekend time would have bought me a pair of bumpers, and a raincheck on a date with someone elses couch while my wife looked for her new husband!

lucky boy!

almost got it done. worked on it on saturday. just a few small things left. loving it, thanks alot Brittan.
PS rear angle.jpg
side view.jpg
tire carrier.jpg

Do you think you mounted that spare high enough?:hillbilly:

Looks good!:cheers:

Do you have good rear visibility with the tire mounted drivers side biased and that high? It seems to be a hindrance, no?

Oh, its definately high enough. I dont see myself scraping this thing on the ground. Plus it allows the license plate to be seen in its stock location, without moving it over. It does block some visibility, but between the PS rear view and the 2 side mirrors I see everything. Right lane change is the same, and a left lane change is always done with the side mirror anyway. Oh, and heres something I noticed and showed Brittan and Jackson after it was mounted. From the DS, at a angle looking at the plate, my LOCKED plate could be interpreted something profane. Do you guys see it?
DS plate.jpg

... Oh, and heres something I noticed and showed Brittan and Jackson after it was mounted. From the DS, at a angle looking at the plate, my LOCKED plate could be interpreted something profane. Do you guys see it?

That's perfect,,, for you!:eek:

The spare mount looks very close to the hatch/window. They always flex/move some, the higher it's mounted, the more it will move, have you stress checked it for contact? Then again, taking out the window would be good entertainment,,, for us!:hillbilly:

Yeah Kevin, we pushed on it pretty good to see if it makes contact. It didnt. Plus, it will hit the tailgate before the window. Brittan is going with the exact same design, except the back support bar is going to wrap over the top of the tire so he can mount his HAM radio antenna.

I liked how yours looks so much I had to order the base kit for my 62 and Blake is on board for one for his 4-Runner. Looks great and burly as hell. Can't wait to see the finished 80.

the finished product!!! washed up and ready for Moab on Wednesday. Couldnt of built the rear bumper without the assistance of the great guys in CSC. You guys are awesome.
DSC_0110.jpg
DSC_0114.jpg

the finished product!!! washed up and ready for Moab on Wednesday. Couldnt of built the rear bumper without the assistance of the great guys in CSC. You guys are awesome.

Very nice!

Why no tubing on the wings?

just didnt like the looks of them on there. It looked like even if I angled them out as far as I could, they still wouldnt fully protect the flare. Im sure alot of guys would of put them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom