Axle center (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am mid installation of my new 4x4 Labs bumper.......read: I have removed the quarter panel flares and cladding from my LX and the rear bumper cover and mud flaps....

I noticed the axle appears to be off to the passenger side. I have a 2.5 OME and 30mm Slee spacers on it, is this just the track bar locating the axle further over due to the droop? It drives quite nicely down the road, so I'm not terribly worried about it. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the axles more biased to the passenger (Right hand for the folks with the steering wheel on the wrong side ;)) side of the vehicle?

That would be normal with a lift and factory track bar (panhard). Use the pathagorean theorem to figure out why and how much.

With 2.5" springs plus 30" spacer and no weight back there, you are looking at close to 4" of lift.

Last edited:
That would be normal with a lift and factory track bar (panhard). Use he pathagorean theorem to figure out why and how much.

With 2.5" springs plus 30" spacer and no weight back there, you are looking at closer to 4" of lift.

I asked my teacher why I would ever need that in life. Guess I have been proven wrong.

Gotta love Pythagoras. I bet he was a hoot at frat parties back in the day.:beer:

That would be normal with a lift and factory track bar (panhard). Use the pathagorean theorem to figure out why and how much.

With 2.5" springs plus 30" spacer and no weight back there, you are looking at close to 4" of lift.
I discovered that when I removed my front 30mm spacers.

:doh:

I just picked up my OME 2.5-3" lifted 80 and noticed that my rear axle is pushed out toward the passenger side by 1-1.25". With the stock tires and wheels I couldn't tell. With the steelies and 35s, it's noticeable. What parts do I need to center it or is there a bigger issue here? Thanks!
file-2.jpeg

I just picked up my OME 2.5-3" lifted 80 and noticed that my rear axle is pushed out toward the passenger side by 1-1.25". With the stock tires and wheels I couldn't tell. With the steelies and 35s, it's noticeable. What parts do I need to center it or is there a bigger issue here? Thanks!
Did you read post #2 in this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom