Automatic transmission identification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I'm fairly new to Toyota engine's
I'm working on a project and I'm trying to identify what kind of automatic transmission I have behind my 1hd-t from a hdj80.
The number on the serial plate says 0G 1009. (see the attachements)
I automatic shifter that came along with the engine and has a Overdrive switch but I can't find any wires on the automatic to connect it to.

Kind Regards Rene

IMG_160337.JPG

IMG_160303.JPG

IMG_161721.JPG

The part no on the NSS suggests A440 or A442, the earlier transmissions. I think, from what I've read here, that the 1HD-T only came with the A442? Could be wrong about that.

It is A442F. I have one in my FJ62 (3FE gas engine). There is no overdrive.

Being that it’s attached to a 1HD-T, these came with both the fully mechanical, and electronically controlled A442F depending on the year. The electronic version (‘93+) had an OD on/off button on the shifter. US market only got electronic A442F’s in the 80 series.

That thread you linked deals with 2 different transmissions (from the title anyways).

It is A442F. I have one in my FJ62 (3FE gas engine). There is no overdrive.

No, FJ62 is an A440. You don’t have an A442. The OP likely has a hydraulic A442. And you do have OD. It is .73.

No, FJ62 is an A440. You don’t have an A442. The OP likely has a hydraulic A442. And you do have OD. It is .73.

Dang, you're right. I wish I could claim I was drunk when I posted that. I've even taken the damn transmission out of it and still got it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom