Automatic redirects (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Woody and Co

The past couple of days, I have been getting an ad-based redirect from Mud to what I would call popup-style sites (but in the same tab). When I click a link in Mud, it sometimes loads the page, then redirects through a blank venturereads.com page to an ad page like bet365 or video game ads. It appears to be random and only happens on 1 in maybe 10 clicks.

I went over my system with Malwarebytes and Spybot and they both came back clean and my browser looks good. It only happens in IH8MUD, so I'm curious if it's something on your end. ??

hmmmm....can you screen shot the page or catch the URL? And let me know what page you were on when it happened?

Yay! Love it when issues fix themselves....lol

IMG_1704.jpg
IMG_1712.jpg
I just came across this thread....
For the past few days I've had dozens of popup ads take over Mud while browsing. Up until today it has been the Walmart ads pictured and now today there is a facebook event pop up ad.
Here are two screen captures of the ads.
What's going on with these?

I've been getting them for weeks. I'd love to see something done.

Thank you for the screen shots.

This is an internet-wide issue....hundreds of sites are chasing the problem, trying to find solutions. I've been researching and chasing for a few weeks, and thus far (obviously) not having success with a permanent fix.

Spammers target for an hour or so a day, rotating their attacks and making it nearly impossible to catch them. Parameters change..geo-location, device, ios, isp, connection speed, etc all play a part, and they rotate between them quickly to avoid detection....usually also happens on a weekend/holiday/nights when staff levels are low.

Irritating.

I'll add those to my growing block list...up to a few hundred in just the past couple weeks.

Unfortunately, a blanket block of "cloudfront.net" will cause other issues, since "cloudfront" is Amazon servers.

As an FYI, supporting members see ZERO ads on mobile devices. One of many perks for $20 per year.

a post this morning on the #adops #slack channel may be the cure...time will tell...

I'll keep posting as they come. I get 2-3 a day.

Screenshot_20171031-120102.png

View attachment 1565753 View attachment 1565754 I just came across this thread....
For the past few days I've had dozens of popup ads take over Mud while browsing. Up until today it has been the Walmart ads pictured and now today there is a facebook event pop up ad.
Here are two screen captures of the ads.
What's going on with these?

I've also been getting these pop up redirects constantly the past day or so. Not the first time too, happens once a month or so for s couple days.

Another.

Screenshot_20171101-091705.png

Most of these come with me off of wifi

Screenshot_20171102-002707.png

The main reason I get on 'Mud is for chat and 95 series tech. I keep getting this in both places.

Screenshot_20171102-135149.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom