Aussie fj55 lover hi new to the forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Draws came up good will post some pics when I take them about to wheel it back in the shed the carby is rebuilt and is going back on push her in drive her out hopefully

Here in the States we would love to have those amby door Pigs.

Heck, that manual crank rear window sounds like a great feature, too. And maybe a lot more doable, presuming parts could be scared up. I often wished mine was manual crank.

Ha I haven't started driving it yet but think it's going to be a pia having to get the handle every time you want to open back door

Can't be any worse than pushing that ever-so-handy-but-so-often-disappointing dash control and getting nothing, then having to unload through the side doors to get to the problem. I actually didn't make it through my first 24 hours off the dealer's lot before I had to return for assistance -- the first time of many messing with that darn "convenience.":bang: It's a good thing the rest of the truck made a much better impression.

Just read the rear window sticky I see what you mean. The white one fired up the other night we put the carby on but it got clogged, a bit of stuff from the lines blocked the bowl we worked out when we took the top back off. the power steering belt rubbed on the fan pulley as we had it connected to the crank We thought we spaced it out enough. Just ordered a two belt fan pulley that I would of months ago if had I found them.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408429727.324071.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408429750.623743.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408429781.274962.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408429823.724919.jpg
ran it for a while the other day to flush radiator. The alternator started sparking I think the bearing is stuffed in it bugger brand new too. The motor has a miss in it as well still a bit of work to go waiting by the mail box for my pulley as well.

Haven't had a chance to take pics of drawers but it's a pretty basic setup a small frame screwed into the floor ( I will change that to a full base later). With heavy duty rollers the top doesn't fit properly but I wanted to see how I use the rear I would love to do a set like lucy55s once I work it out I want my compressor hooked up with a switch and noozle you can also buy nine litre air tanks which could be cool and the other side of the drawer a water tank for the dogs and maybe even a fridge drop slide. Any way good news my last piece to the puzzle maybe turned up yesterday my fan pulley for power steering setup. Is it wrong to find it so sexy???
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409022523.857589.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409022546.073157.jpg

Also sorted the alternator pulley and plate thing behind it we had already changed it because the one that came on it was the wrong belt size, the one we had put on there didn't quite match the shaft so was spinning against the plate so we found a two belt pulley and got it machined. The shaft and pulley weren't keyed. The timing we did by turning the motor over by hand and lining up with the mark on the flywheel and locking in the dizzy again I was only holding torch passing tools matts the guru

Ha was just looking back through this thread and this photo of red was taken at lake rowallen up near the walls of Jerusalem. On the right hand side of the lake there is a track along the lake edge and up the top of the lake is a big open area where someone has built a bit of a shed and fire pit so I was heading up there with my new swag the pic was half way up the lake where I was stopping to air up. But as it happened I branched off the track I was meant to be on ended up going up a long hill where bigger tyres had been it was also pissing down with rain suffice to say I got stuck overnight trying to jack up the wheels with logs rocks etc wearing waders as it was basically a water fall with a mound in the middle. The matteress out of the swag was comfy in the back and I tell you what the feeling when I got out of there was with it had a great time. I think I've learnt my lesson of not going alone though.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409049022.620246.jpg
yeah Matt did a great job used exhaust pipe painted up and a couple of rubber bends Matt modified the air box it took us ages to get the angle just right

Some more of the snorkel gee I miss having a cruiser on the road not long now!!!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409105083.351823.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409105099.535286.jpg
the snorkel isn't going on the white one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom