Armored Land Cruiser 200 Series (1 Viewer)

Liked it?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Armored Toyota Land Cruisers (200 Series)

Armored-Toyota-LandCruiser-200-Series---First-Image.jpg

Armored_Toyota_LandCruiser_200_Series_(3).jpg

Armored_Toyota_LandCruiser_200_Series_(1).jpg

Armored_Toyota_LandCruiser_200_Series_(8).JPG

Armored_Toyota_LandCruiser_200_Series_(9).jpg

Source: TLC 200 - Mezcal Security Vehicles

For people that need it, I say yes!

Level 6 and 7 adds 2000-3000+ lbs, before passengers and kit. Would like to know what
suspension changes they make to support, let's assume, 4500+ lbs, about 3500 over GVW.

Nevermind, videos are pretty interesting. They are using Ironman suspensions for the upgrade.

Last edited:
Armored Toyota Land Cruisers (200 Series)

Armored-Toyota-LandCruiser-200-Series---First-Image.jpg

Armored_Toyota_LandCruiser_200_Series_(3).jpg

Armored_Toyota_LandCruiser_200_Series_(1).jpg

Armored_Toyota_LandCruiser_200_Series_(8).JPG

Armored_Toyota_LandCruiser_200_Series_(9).jpg

Source: TLC 200 - Mezcal Security Vehicles

I was in a similarly armored 200 on the streets of Jalalabad Afghanistan in 2011. You could REALLY feel the weight of the beast. Perfect vehicle for the Taliban zone.

Most of my time there though?
-No security, no weapon, and in a typical Toyota Tacoma/Hilux...

Crazy place. 6 million people, and I was the only Caucasian I ran into in the city, save for the place I stayed at night.
Never seen so many guns in my life.

I was in a similarly armored 200 on the streets of Jalalabad Afghanistan in 2011. You could REALLY feel the weight of the beast. Perfect vehicle for the Taliban zone.

Most of my time there though?
-No security, no weapon, and in a typical Toyota Tacoma/Hilux...

Crazy place. 6 million people, and I was the only Caucasian I ran into in the city, save for the place I stayed at night.
Never seen so many guns in my life.

What did you do there? I'm in the National Guard.. And I'm assuming in a Taco you weren't military.. :)

What did you do there? I'm in the National Guard.. And I'm assuming in a Taco you weren't military.. :)

I was there voluntarily, training teachers in the installation and use of various interactive technology at a rare school that had 45% girls. Was there just under a month, sponsored by a combination of Rotary International (who started the school) and the State Department.

Could tell many long stories from the project... The guy who ran the place I stayed was sadly killed just weeks after I left. Almost returned two years ago for another project at the same school, but sponsorship fell through. Very dangerous place...especially because I stuck out like a sore thumb. Truly amazing experience though. The people were great. They both hate and fear the Taliban, and are defiant to even attend this school under constant threat. Really reminds you of how much we take for granted in the West.

Also set up a computer lab where I watched students get their first and ONLY glimpse of the outside/western world.

Incredible to see their faces when they realized what was existed via the Internet compared to what they'd been forbidden from learning under Taliban restrictions, and the constant peril female students face.

Last edited:
All that and they still kept the grandtreks? I was under the impression those tires are terrible? I think it'd be fun to have one, it would be the best for DC area traffic...

No dude, They upgrade to run-flat tyres, there are upgrades to suspension as well as brake systems. Like txtortoise said, otherwise the vehicle would collapse due to the added weight.

I'll bet it gets horrible gas mileage :)

Um, no gasoline involved. That be a twin-turbo V8 diesel.........One of the finest powerplants on the planet.

I'd take the 4.5 turbo diesel over any other powerplant in a second. I have had the privilege of driving a single turbo variant and I'm still shaking my head over a year later.

In a good way or bad?

An unbelievably awesome piece of equipment.

All that and they still kept the grandtreks? I was under the impression those tires are terrible? I think it'd be fun to have one, it would be the best for DC area traffic...
They are crap. Problem in the armored car industry is getting the end-users to change the tires. But they also want to make sure its rolling on a tire they can get anywhere/anytime.

Over the yrs I have always recommend the TOYO Open Country A/T with a load index of 123+ Once armored and loaded up you have a curb weight closer to 5tons.

I have had two armored LC200s and a GX460 ask me anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom