Arkansas Overland Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Google Maps puts the Circle H store in Jerusalem at about 5 and a half hours from my house. I probably can't get there before 1:30 unless we get a strong tailwind. Any chance we can push that back a little bit? Anyone interested in meeting at the usual TAC rally point (QT on 151st and 69) for a caravan?
Yep no problem

If you want to go with us, Erik and I are headed down Wednesday evening, dropping trailer at airport, and then heading a half hour down into the forest to set up camp for the night. Get up in the morning and wander toward really point. Will be a late night but can take it slow and easy in the morning.
Colin can you download the map on your device as well so I have a back up just in case?

Colin can you download the map on your device as well so I have a back up just in case?

Already on my phone, along with topo aerial base map all offline. Going to do same with tablet so I'll have it twice.

Sounds like everybody has their preference in terms of mapping software but Overland Expedition posted an article about HemaExplorer. The article sounded promising so I bought the app last night. I literally emailed myself the .kml file, clicked "Copy to HemaExplorer" and now it's set up. Interface looks pretty clean but it is a storage hog.

If anybody is interested in certain functions, let me know and I'll see how it interacts with the app.

Sounds like everybody has their preference in terms of mapping software but Overland Expedition posted an article about HemaExplorer. The article sounded promising so I bought the app last night. I literally emailed myself the .kml file, clicked "Copy to HemaExplorer" and now it's set up. Interface looks pretty clean but it is a storage hog.

If anybody is interested in certain functions, let me know and I'll see how it interacts with the app.
I got mine last night as well. Great app

Almost time.........8 more sleeps
image.jpeg

You guys may have already seen this on the TLCA facebook page. Not sure if this is the same area or not. Have fun!!

<<<happy Sammy is packing a full size guitar and not a banjo......
Banjos rock. And you might need a banjo to get you out of a jam in Arkansas. Plus bears know to stay away when they hear a banjo. LOL Hope you guys have a great trip.

Hopefully the rivers fall really fast, because St. Joe gauge went up over A FOOT after just .3" of rain, and there is rain in the forecast everyday leading up to the trip.

View attachment 1263782

Minor edit to reflect my interpretation of the graph.

Looks like it peaked at 9.5 feet last night. Still a ways from flood stage (27 feet).

Flood stage is when it is over the banks and affecting surrounding property or roads. That is quite a bit higher than snorkel height when you are trying to make a low water crossing.;)

After all the sloppy mud I encountered at KS Rocks over 2 different weekends where I hauled most up the hills I'm a little leery of what the trails will be like in areas other than the stream crossings!

We will be ok. If it looks sketchy will find another way. Colin and I will have maps. We will find a way. It's not the destination but the journey. I could not imagine doing it with better group than you guys. Sooooo who is ready? This video is from last weekend......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom