Arkansas Overland Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We will be heading down to Arkansas again late spring/early summer. Post up if you guys are interested. I hope to have the lx all back together by then. It's about a 4 hour drive to the trail head and then 156 miles on scenic fire roads and trails. No bathrooms or showers. Lots of river crossings and woods. Camping spots are all along the trails. This will be about a 3-4 day adventure.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1449704998.300482.jpg

I'm in for sure this time (really).

Is this something that can be done without lockers and without a snorkel?

Also, what's the name of the trail? Do you have a map or link to more info?

Is this something that can be done without lockers and without a snorkel?
We made it through 3/4 of the trail. Can you do it with out snorkel yes. But it depends on the amount of rain. (I'll pick a date based on the weather). Can you do it with out lockers yes. There are bypasses on the trail.

Is this a "circle back to the start" kind of trip? Would prefer to trailer the LX down and leave tow rig at starting point.
It's one way. But you can trailer it and come back for it. We will start in Jerusalem Arkansas and end in St joe Arkansas.

Here is the map
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1449766321.047065.jpg

I can arrange to leave the tow rig in Harrison, AR at the local small airport to avoid heading south again after the trip. It's on the way and just a few miles from the finish line. I can make the same arrangements for anyone else interested...will be a safe/secure environment.

I'm hopeful I'll be able to make it. I'm trying to convince a co-pilot or two to ride with me and for Disco Erik to join.

As far as times, I can request PTO when I know more about it but May 1st or later would be best on a PTO schedule for me (and my co-pilots since we're coworkers). Are we thinking a Friday-Monday or Thursday through Sunday type deal?

Definitely interested. @rockstate45 I wouldn't be worried about lockers and what not. It sounds like there would be plenty of guys there to winch or tug you along if you needed it. Not that you would need it of course.

haha, true true. The videos I watched this morning make it seem fairly tame if the water is low. That said, it'll pay off that I waterproofed my winch. Thanks again for the instructions. Those made it really easy to dig into it.

If anyone has an open seat I'd be interested in joining. Of course if the boss approves. And I have an ARB fridge that would come with me.

I am definitely interested depending on when and approval from the boss.

Sweet. The actual trail takes about 2.5 days however there a ton of trails that go which ever way that we can explorer. That's I was thinking about 4 days. I do want to finish what Jeff started. He broke his ring and pinion on hospital hill. I'll explain later why they call it that. For those who never been to ar-Kansas it is gorgeous. Ton of stuff to explorer. Lots of scenery and pic opportunities. The cell reception out there is very spotty. We get off on the main highway couple of times where we get some cell service but other than that it's no interwebs or cell signal.

If you guys want to post up some dates when and who would be available I can start putting the time line together.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1449783365.964766.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1449783392.161915.jpg

It is beautiful country down there and those are a lot different roads than I am usually on riding the motorcycle. Sounds like a good place to drop the trailer Dave. If any problems with the airport I usually stay at a motel in Marble Falls for motorcycling and I am sure we could drop them there but it is not fenced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom