Are all the diesel air boxes the same (3b, 2h, 12ht, 1hz, 1hdt)? Dimensions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am doing a diesel conversion on my FJ60 to a Isuzu 4bd1t with Holset He221w turbo. I am looking for an air intake to use on my setup. I was wondering if all the diesel air intake boxes are the same dimensions ect or if i need to watch for a certain one. Can the lids be pointed in any direction or are they fixed ? Any idea how much air flow on these stock units (CFMs) ? Can anyone give me the approximate diameter and height of one so i can get an idea if one will even fit? Any other air intake recommendations?

Thanks !

The lids can be pointed any which way. At least on my 2h it did. I think that the fj62 air filter housing is the same as well. Maybe easier to source one of those as well. I'd even look into the 80 series air boxes as well.

The 45, 60, 75 all run the same filter box with a 3 inch inlet and 2 3/4 outlet but have different mounting brackets. I just picked up a fzj80 air cleaner lid for my 12ht engine in my 75 series as you can tell from the photo it has less restrictions with a larger 3 1/2 outlet. The lids can be turned to any direction in the engine bay.
FZJ80 AIR CLEANER LID 004.JPG

Last edited:
Oh, and I can measure my air box but by the looks of it it kind of is about a foot in diameter and about 8" deep. Will measure and report back this evening

Yes it's plug and play the only mod it will need is longer vacuum lines for the air cleaner restriction sender and the piping to your intake. The intake looks restricted from my safari snorkel into the air cleaner but haven't got in there yet for a good look. :)

It's a dirt, bug, water collector as the air enters the air filter it's directed around the outside in a cyclonic motion and all the heavy partials fall to the bottom getting collected in the the small bowl. It keeps the filter cleaner working like a prefilter but it needs to be emptied every week in dusty conditions.

hj75 009.JPG

Last edited:
Would these filter lids also fit an F engine air cleaner? Does anyone know what the gasket diameters are and I can check it against mine? Thinking about going EFI but want to retain a Toyota air box

012_F.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom