Aqualu tub weld/seams? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 2nd gen Aqualu 3/4 tub and as I get ready to paint it I an worrying about the ridges/bumps that look to be a by-product of the weld/assembly process. I would like to get rid of these... can I sand them down or do I need to do some combination of sanding and filler (yuck)?

Mark

I have a 2nd gen Aqualu 3/4 tub and as I get ready to paint it I an worrying about the ridges/bumps that look to be a by-product of the weld/assembly process. I would like to get rid of these... can I sand them down or do I need to do some combination of sanding and filler (yuck)?

Mark

just sand them smooth

Are you asking about the ones in the interior? A friend of mine sanded them down so that they are level with the rest of the body. I left mine alone, but I coated everything with body liner.

The exterior of my Aqualu needed no work because someone at the factory used a flapper wheel on it before it was shipped.

Picture of the seams
lumps.jpg

Have you had that tub for a while? A few years ago, Aqualu started using a flapper wheel on those outside seams.

Once you get the seams taken care of, I think you'll be more than satisfied with your tub. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress.

Have you had that tub for a while? A few years ago, Aqualu started using a flapper wheel on those outside seams.

Once you get the seams taken care of, I think you'll be more than satisfied with your tub. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress.

It was on the truck when I bought it... It must therefore be more than 6 years old....

Mine look like that too my budy sanded his and after paint the look Awsome ... No line at all ...flap disk to fine grit sand paper. I plan to redo mine someday

Sent from outer space via my mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom