Anza Borrego SOCAL80 M&G May 8th-9th (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is a good idea. I've been trying to get Heidi to learn to drive trails as well for the same reason.

Wish I could make it out there. Have fun!

You're going to be south of the border aren't you?

You're going to be south of the border aren't you?

Not going unfortunately. I wanted to go, but nobody committed. It's ok though because we've got a bunch of escrows going and listings to take care of (which is a good problem) so we're just too busy to go anywhere.

We are going to Saline Valley hot springs over Memorial Weekend so at least we'll get away for a bit and get a "little" sun.

Brent - still no operable trailer? Can't wait to show you my latest trailer idea...

yep

I almost always have the :princess: drive because its keeps her more invested and engaged in the fun. Due to the lack of PS she does not seem too interested in driving the 40, but we will see. I am always trying to keep it fun and enjoyable for her so she will keep coming back.:steer:

Brent - still no operable trailer? Can't wait to show you my latest trailer idea...

I've just been holding off finishing the painting saving $$ for the lid and tailgate. I've got enough for one of the two, but not both.

I can have it trail ready in a few hours. Need to bolt on the hand brake handle, conect that under the trailer; bolt on the tail light brackets, run and connect all that wiring and she'd at least be ready to go in her present state.

Underbody and tongue are completely painted. Inside tub is primed and ready for final paint. All the tie down hooks, both interior and exterior are painted and ready to be reinstalled - just waiting on final paint.

Tent may be a LONG way away at this point. Too many medical bills for the entire family that have just killed us this year. I may need to win the lottery first!

I should just probably get the darned lid done and get her painted. When I can get the tail gate done I'll just have to touch up the paint in that area.

The weekend Stan, his son and I were out camping near Pinyon mountain there was a huge search going on in that area. I doubt seriously that the kid made it anywhere near Coyote Canyon. His Jeep Cherokee was found just below the squeeze last Thanksgiving from what the searchers told us. They've just never found the body. Sad story. If he took off in the wrong direction out there...well, we all know the potential consequences to that. It's some serious terrain and if he fell or slipped off one of the boulders in the middle of nowhere, he could be hidden from just about everything both air and ground unless someone gets lucky taking the exact same route as he had.

Sure wish I could make this event. Maybe I can convince the boss to pay for a flight (or fuel so that I can drive out for a week). Let me work on that. I guess I would need to leave Wednesday....:hmm: If Mo is going, then I have to make this work out...right? I am half serious about this.

Smitty

If you can make it - you have a shotgun location available in my truck Smitty...then we may actually have time to talk about Augusta!!!

I am seriously going to try and pull it together. The odds are against me but it is worth a shot.

Smitty

Smitty - if you make it that would be just Awesome!

Dave - I work two blocks south of John Wayne - save your gas my friend.

This sounds like the makings of a great group weekend trip.

I was going to make a good effort on making the next meet up, and was monitoring the dates, unfortunately this coincides with my plan to take off on my drive down to Puerto Vallarta, and I still need to take care of a few things in preparation for that trip. With that said, I can't wait to get the Aussie locker installed before i take off for Mexico. The auto locker is on its way from the vendor as we speak.

Can you actually get the repeater from down in there?

Very poor repeater coverage in Sheep Canyon IIRC.

I think you two are right.

Im going to try and hit Monument peak instead. More ideal.. plus its linked to the Arizona repeaters too. I know you can hit it easily from Borrego Springs... we'll have to see about the canyon areas. May be tough.

?

Very poor repeater coverage in Sheep Canyon IIRC.

You coming? I invited Jason to come, not sure if he will be able to make it. He is the fearless Tacoma guy you met on the one and only run I have gone on..

Sorry to get off topic... one more on the HAM topic.. i talked to a local buddy in Borrego Springs...

"I have not tried or heard of anyone who has. The topo profile shows a couple mountains in the way, so my guess is no. My recommendation would be to try the Black Mountain repeater. 147.120 + offset, Tone 103.5. It is linked to the Monument Peak repeater. It is in the area near Glamis, 97 miles away. Another possibility is Superstition Mtn. 146.670 MHz Minus PL 103.5 It is about 47 miles away with some peaks nearby. That canyon is a deep, tough one, but it is worth a try."

You coming? I invited Jason to come, not sure if he will be able to make it. He is the fearless Tacoma guy you met on the one and only run I have gone on..

Can't make it this time unfortunately. Between going out of town, Mother's Day and my wife almost ready to pop, it's just not going to work.

I've been wanting to wheel with Jason again. That trip was a lot of fun. You guys get out often?

Sorry to get off topic... one more on the HAM topic.. i talked to a local buddy in Borrego Springs...

"I have not tried or heard of anyone who has. The topo profile shows a couple mountains in the way, so my guess is no. My recommendation would be to try the Black Mountain repeater. 147.120 + offset, Tone 103.5. It is linked to the Monument Peak repeater. It is in the area near Glamis, 97 miles away. Another possibility is Superstition Mtn. 146.670 MHz Minus PL 103.5 It is about 47 miles away with some peaks nearby. That canyon is a deep, tough one, but it is worth a try."

I think the repeaters to the west and south (Palomar, Monument, Laguna) are hard to hit. Anza, Black Mountain, Superstition, etc may be a better bet. I'll check with a couple of folks over on OAUSA. We ran into this problem planning for BorregoFest, but I don't remember what ever came of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom