Anyone running 255/85/16 BFG Mud terrains on their 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone using these tires? I run them on my 4runner and they are freakin awsome so i took them off and put them under my FZJ80 and they look good (OME 850/863s) i am thinking this may be my next tire.

I know they have a load range "D" so they are more than suited for the LC. what kind of wear is anyone else getting on theirs?

Oh and last but not least what gear ratios are you running with this size tire? I was thinking of going to 4.88s (I know they may be a tad low for this size tire but I will probably will go bigger in the future- so I dont want to regear again) keeps this in 80s tech too!

Last edited:
I am but it's on an 81 with the 4.2 Turbodiesel which is probably not a fair comparison. Anyhow, for the record, it's fine with those tires and stock gearing.

Martin White said:
I am but it's on an 81 with the 4.2 Turbodiesel which is probably not a fair comparison. Anyhow, for the record, it's fine with those tires and stock gearing.

Martin, are you running stock LC wheels with those? wheel width and offset? pics?

I'm thinking of getting some Toyto M-55s LT255/85R16 or LT285/75R16 and new 16" wheels for daily driving; but when I research wheels, I get all confused with the "standard" North American market sizes 15x7 with 4.25" back spacing for the early models and 15x8 with 4.5" back spacing for the later ones. I wish I new what was "standard" on our 1990 models with rear disk brakes.

Thanks, -Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom