Anyone run TRD pro 18" wheels and 1.25"spacers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2013 LX - I have the TRD wheels and love the look and 18" tire, but the wheels are inset quite a bit due to the different offset from factory wheels. Also the truck seems to lean a lot more with the inset 18s.

Anyone run the 1.25" spidertrax spacers with this wheel? I'm curious if wheels fit flush and also what size tires work best. I currently have 275 65 18 Michelin LTXs. No lift planned.

Truck is 98% city/highway use and it sees mild trails 1-2 times per year in Colorado. Also some travel trailer and boat towing. I am thinking E load range tires may be overkill for my needs?

yep - it worked well even with a 295.....

I have a really nice set on my 08 with no spacers and 275-70-18 KO2 thanks to RS6tofj80, (best seller and nice guy) and I like the way they look but was thinking about spacers. I am worried about the rocks flying up and chipping the paint. The TRD Pro wheels are by far my favorite. I'll try and post pics tomorrow.

2013 LX - I have the TRD wheels and love the look and 18" tire, but the wheels are inset quite a bit due to the different offset from factory wheels. Also the truck seems to lean a lot more with the inset 18s.

Anyone run the 1.25" spidertrax spacers with this wheel? I'm curious if wheels fit flush and also what size tires work best. I currently have 275 65 18 Michelin LTXs. No lift planned.

Truck is 98% city/highway use and it sees mild trails 1-2 times per year in Colorado. Also some travel trailer and boat towing. I am thinking E load range tires may be overkill for my needs?
currently considering 18" trd pro bbs wheels (and have found some with the ltx tires on them) for our '14 LX and saw your post. Curious as to how they have worked out for you? did you end up adding spacers? Assuming you didnt have any issues with fit for the wheel/tire combo? thanks

Thanks for the note. I did end up getting 1.25" Spidertrax spacers and I am using TRD pro 18" wheels with Terra Grapplers in 275/65/18 XL load rating. I ran the Michelin LTX tires for nearly 70k miles and now on my second set of Terra Grapplers which I love. I have about 110k miles with spacers and no issues. I like the look and stable feel. When the tires are newer, there is a very very minor buzz/rub at full lock which I never have bothered to fix.

I also have a LX470 that I run OEM wheels with 275/70/18 Ridge Grapplers in E load rating. The tires are stiffer for sure but to be honest they are fine also. They are much heavier but you cannot tell that much difference in performance. They don't rub at all but no spacers.

Thanks for the note. I did end up getting 1.25" Spidertrax spacers and I am using TRD pro 18" wheels with Terra Grapplers in 275/65/18 XL load rating. I ran the Michelin LTX tires for nearly 70k miles and now on my second set of Terra Grapplers which I love. I have about 110k miles with spacers and no issues. I like the look and stable feel. When the tires are newer, there is a very very minor buzz/rub at full lock which I never have bothered to fix.

I also have a LX470 that I run OEM wheels with 275/70/18 Ridge Grapplers in E load rating. The tires are stiffer for sure but to be honest they are fine also. They are much heavier but you cannot tell that much difference in performance. They don't rub at all but no spacers.
thanks for the reply, did you need the spacers for proper fit/handle?

for the LX570, you don't have to run spacers with the TRD Pro wheels but the offset is different resulting in the wheels being more inset. I did not like the look and it felt like it leaned a bit more in corners. It did not rub anywhere though.

I don't have the specs of both wheels in front of me but you can use a calculator like this to see the difference.

I just looked them up. For me, the OEM LX570 wheel is 8.5" with a 45mm offset. The TRD wheel is 8" with a 60mm offset. This results in the outer wheel face being recessed by 21mm from stock. The tires are a bit smaller on the TRD wheel also. 285/50/20 vs a 275/65/18.

I just looked them up. For me, the OEM LX570 wheel is 8.5" with a 45mm offset. The TRD wheel is 8" with a 60mm offset. This results in the outer wheel face being recessed by 21mm from stock. The tires are a bit smaller on the TRD wheel also. 285/50/20 vs a 275/65/18.
LC 200 does not use 275/65/18.

thanks for the extra info. I feel like Ive done my research but wanted that extra bit of info from someone who has been through it. cheers!

Not from the factory. LC 200 also does not use TRD pro wheels. My LX570 however has both TRD wheels and 275/65/18 tires.
I am not sure what you mean by TRD wheels or TRD pro wheels since you have not posted a single picture in this thread. If you mean the TRD BBS forged wheels, yes, from the factory, it does run them on the Heritage model.

I am not sure why you are arguing with me on a thread I started - do you have a question related to spacers and 18" TRD wheels?

I have indeed posted a picture with the wheels under discussion.

Both threads were started in 2017 long before the Heritage model existed. The TRD wheels were a common discussion topic a few years ago - they came on Toyota Tundra trucks and were a popular swap to cruisers. Since this is what I am running on my 200, I am happy to answer any questions on this setup. Thanks!

thanks for the extra info. I feel like Ive done my research but wanted that extra bit of info from someone who has been through it. cheers!

Be careful of what you find on the internet. As far as I understand, and I've been here for a long time, almost all OEM wheels including your 2013 LX OEM wheel has an offset of +60mm.

Notable exceptions being 17" TRD Rock Warriors at +50. Later 2016+ OEM wheels were +56 to support a change in their suspension.

The TRD BBS forged wheel may look a bit more inset as they are an 8" wide wheel relative to the LX wheel that is 8.5".

Either way, a 1.25" spacer should work find.

From a suspension geometry standpoint, 1" spacers would be more ideal. Though you'll want to watch for recesses to be available in the TRD BBS forged wheel to clear the studs.

So strange everyone is doubting me on my own thread. Not sure how being here a long time matters, but I know for a fact my 2013 LX570 had 20 x 8.5 wheels with a 45mm offset.

Below is my for sale post when I sold them a few years ago:

I didn’t realize the thread was started in 2017 and wasn’t sure what wheels you were referring to. I’m not trying to give you a hard time.

The setup looks great on your truck. I also think that gen of the 200 LX is my favorite of all 200s.

Lets see some pics.

So strange everyone is doubting me on my own thread. Not sure how being here a long time matters, but I know for a fact my 2013 LX570 had 20 x 8.5 wheels with a 45mm offset.

Below is my for sale post when I sold them a few years ago:

Don't take this personally and I'm not interested in doubting you. I've been wrong plenty of times too and we learn new things all the time on these boards by discussing to figure things out. So help me understand.

How is it that you came to understand your wheels are +45 offset?

Wheels often have a stamp on the back hub that states the offset. From the pictures I've seen of the backside of those wheels for 2013 to 2015 LXs, they've been +60. If you have pictures of the backside of the wheels, that can help.

I sold the wheels a few years ago so I can't look at them. To figure out the offset I looked a multiple sites who sell the OEM wheel and reviewed the specs. Also the offset delta between my OEM wheels and the TRD wheels matched what the wheel calculator indicated.

the wheel is part number 4261A60060

Here's a pic of the backside of that model wheel which none of those websites show. 20x8.5", +60 offset.

1611337821906.png

Wheel offset is not a matter of style. It's keyed to the built in suspension geometry of the vehicle and tire size. The '08-'15 200-series offset for stock sized tires on the 200-series suspension has always been +60. With a change in 2016+ as the suspension knuckle geometry changed the kingpin angle slightly.

More anecdotal, we know what offsets work on the 200-series. Individuals have been adding 1.25" spacers to the +60 OEM wheel for awhile now. If it were +45, that would put the effective offset into the +13 range and that doesn't work on this platform.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom