anybody know what this washer is and where I can get a new one? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an automatic 1989 FJ62. I noticed that my gear shifter has been loose (jiggles right to left). I unscrewed the cover and looked at what appeared to be a spacer washer (not sure of technical term) that was worn out and broken and no longer useful. not sure is this was plastic or rubber - but would like to figure out a fix - anyone have any insight?

IMG_3478.JPG

Not sure which part you're asking about (limited pic), but there's a bushing in there that's plastic and your pic may be the remnants of it:

918e79c09726187fcefc6da604f2f2f0.image.563x550.jpg

90385-16008

Thanks to advice from Spike Strip and others, I ordered the two plastic bushings and replaced them a couple of weeks ago - shifter is nice and tight now. One concern - I did not apply any grease - does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not the grease (or any other lubricant) is necessary? If so, what type and how much. It appears there was some grease on the presumably original bushings, but not sure if I need it or not for the long term. There is no apparentsqueaking when I put it in gear or back up to park, but it is tight, and want to make sure I have done this correctly. Appreciate any commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom