Any other green GX's on here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.brian894x4.com
I recently aquired a green 2008 GX470 and although I didn't like the color at first, its sort of growing on me. I noticed this seems to be an extremely rare color? Was it only offered on certain years?

I'd like to find photos of anyone else's build in this same color to see what my future build will look like with certain modifications. So if you have a green GX please post up any photos!

Sorry I don't have any fancy pics of mine. But the build will begin in early June and happen pretty rapidly once its starts.

IMG_8844.JPG

well I got one. so does Ms. Daughterofromer.. how many pictures you want? So far not much of a build, just some tires and a rack.. oh and sliders- first two pics have Slee sliders the others still with running boards. I get a lot of compliments on this color actually, odd, never happened in the white 100 series.

#romer

nak_wipeout_gx.jpg
nak_wipeout_gx2.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0467.JPG

well I got one. so does Ms. Daughterofromer.. how many pictures you want? So far not much of a build, just some tires and a rack.. oh and sliders- first two pics have Slee sliders the others still with running boards. I get a lot of compliments on this color actually, odd, never happened in the white 100 series.

#romer

View attachment 1709043 View attachment 1709044

View attachment 1709045

View attachment 1709046

I love it! In some of your posts you indicate you were running 255/80/17 skinnies, but it looks like you had BFG KO2s on there before? Do you mind if I ask what size they were and if any lift? Hard to tell from the pics.

I love it! In some of your posts you indicate you were running 255/80/17 skinnies, but it looks like you had BFG KO2s on there before? Do you mind if I ask what size they were and if any lift? Hard to tell from the pics.
No problem, actually I still have both sets of tires. the BFG's are 265 70 r17. the Ridge Grapplers, including the spare, are 255 80 r17. OME suspension, stock height 883 springs in front. We had the BFG's from before when the air bags still worked, no lift required to run that size.

That extra 1" of height of tire is about a -1.5 mpg hit.. especially when I mount the RTT I feel a decent performance loss with the bigger tires, can't go up stuff in 5th on the highway, more time in 4th, etc. Last weekend, seeing some of Colorado Springs' highlights...

IMG_0645.jpg
IMG_0642.jpg

I've been quietly learning (and lurking) here for the past couple months while searching for a GX of my own. Just picked up my Green Meanie 3 days ago! It has lived a pampered life in sunny California, taken to the Lexus dealer for anything and everything. I'm not sure it knows whats about to happen to it. Time for some shock therapy!

green gx rear 3-4.jpg

Man, black steelies would look HAWT with that green!!!
Yeah good thought on the black... did the plasti dip just to see if I like it, must say it's growing on me. Am always worried that black rims look too high school on most rigs, but I think with the green the black rims work. thoughts?

IMG_0830.jpg
IMG_0839.jpg

Just picked up one today
full

As best as I can tell green was offered in the 2007-09 model years the total number of GXs sold for those years combined is only about 45,000, I believe salsa red (only offered 08-09 22.5k total made in all colors) is the rarest color but I cant find any data on car colors. So a little perspective 03, 04, 05 are all 30+ unit years that is why you see so many, they only made about 6000 GXs in 2009

Also its Cyprus Pearl not green these are Lexuseseses we are classy we drive pinkies out! Ignore the acetone tin and jumper cables in my last picture.

Yeah good thought on the black... did the plasti dip just to see if I like it, must say it's growing on me. Am always worried that black rims look too high school on most rigs, but I think with the green the black rims work. thoughts?

View attachment 1737349 View attachment 1737350
I like the wheels, but I REALLY like the Slee sliders. I think I saw your post over on GXOR. I'm looking for a set of those myself. Just emailed them.

Also its Cyprus Pearl not green these are Lexuseseses we are classy we drive pinkies out! Ignore the acetone tin and jumper cables in my last picture.

It was called Sage Metallic in the later years. Not sure if its actually the exact same color but different name or actually a slightly different color "green".

It was called Sage Metallic in the later years. Not sure if its actually the exact same color but different name or actually a slightly different color "green".
Probably a different color, that would explain the not exact color match of the front bumper for my dealership serviced pavement princess. Its slightly more gold... more sagey I guess. Drivers.lexus calls it Cyprus pearl when I looked up my VIN, it seems that a lot of names and probably actual paints changed in 08, probably to be slightly cheaper due to the great recession and all. I also call mine green unless I am being an ass.

I think a grey/gunmetal would look perfect with the green. All good looking trucks, one of my favorite colors.

The color is what sold the Missus on letting us get the GX470... Now if I could pry it away from her I could start a few mods.

The color is what sold the Missus on letting us get the GX470...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom