Any interest in salvaging a fire damaged FJ45? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What would I do... w a i t ... a minute.....
I have an idea....
I would make a sculpture out of it & put it in front of the house or in he garden.View attachment 2894699

...forgotten to write it yesterday.
I made a wooden sculpture out of a part of a burned wooden house.
We have the sculpture on our living room .

And did some small metal ones too -decades ago- as a gift for friends .
My gifts are always designed & made by me....
To complete my writing above Michael Fröhlich`s car sculpture park
"....former racing driver Michael Fröhlich, from Dusseldorf, Germany, has purposely crashed the cars into trees, buried them in mud and parked them on cliff faces in his estate’s garden in the middle of the German Neanderthal."

... the video about his garden is in thread MUSEUM & ART .. #436

Last edited:
Below are a few more (very sad) photos of the truck. It looks like most every body panel has significant damage, and the springs lost their arch and it is sitting on the body. To my highly untrained and inexperienced eye, this looks like a really poor candidate for a rebuild. But more experienced and determined folks may think otherwise.

The cab, note the roof has collapsed:
3152EAA1-A2C0-4FB0-B92B-E0B7CF0E16AD_1_105_c.jpeg

3C91A41D-97E3-484E-8CE7-CB637FE217CB_1_105_c.jpeg

Front right fender, note the hood is collapsed (possibly from the sink that landed on it), the
8A34EEBC-D5CE-4FA2-BD53-6A1465ED8F31_1_105_c.jpeg

The bed, under the remnants of the garage door, it looks like the wheel is way too high in the wheel well, so the springs or frame are likely shot.
FF6F3A0E-96C9-42C6-89D9-29EEB03CFC03_1_105_c.jpeg

However much it hurts to see this, it must hurt you more. So sad.

FWIW, that truck struggled mightily, both weight-wise and power wise with what we figured was almost 600# of steel diamond plate welded into that bed. I added no less than 3 add a leafs a side to the rear while it was at my shop just so Brian could wheel the 31s. So it was a foregone conclusion to me that with any heat, that bed would take out the springs…Who knows what else?

What an awful thing to happen to you and your family. I hope encouragement and grace for you all as you live with the grief of such a looming loss.

If someone does undertake this build for the OP, I would be interested in participating with parts as available and money. Such a good community.

This got way hotter than dumpie. That looks like a proffits headache rack made from square tubing. It still will have alot of usable parts. Until its cleaned up, hard to tell if its salvegable.

Apologies for the lack of updates, as you may guess things are a little hectic here. No one has actually come through on picking this up - it is still sitting in the ruins. The cleanup effort has been delayed (heck of a job Brownie!) so there is still a window of opportunity to collect the carcass......

Interesting timing. I just thought about the doctor and that truck again this morning while I was hiking. 😊

I remember being asked to put in a call to @Ghetto Fireman shortly after he dropped it off with me for the project build because the doctor wanted a V8 in that truck SO bad, and the fireman’s truck already had one. So if Mike remembers what year that was, that would probably date when the doctor decided to move on. I think it was 2005, but I’m not really sure. That was an epic year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom