Any advantage to LSD in front diff? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
I'm tempted to pick this up. Pretty sure it's a straight forward install into my truck. $100 · Toyota 8inch Factory LSD

I have a factory rear e-locker. Was going to install a front e-locker, but they are hard to find (80 series works for example).

Anyhow price is so cheap on this diff it's tempting. Just wondering if it's worth the effort or not. Think it would help front wheel spin a bit on a hard climb for example?

I started a thread in the 70 section asking whether this was worth doing as I have two of them sitting
in the shed. Basically I'm not sure worth the effort. You could find the thread I'm sure, and look
through the responses.

Thanks fellas. Sounds like it's not worth the effort.

Is that factory e locker selectable?

Is that factory e locker selectable?

Yes, they have a motor which engages/disengages with the turn of a switch. LJ78 only came with the rear as an option (which mine has). However the HZJ77/HZJ73 and HDJ81 came with both (front/rear) e-lockers as an option. The front diffs on those trucks are also 8" and will fit in the front housing of mine. So I'll just keep my eye out for one of those. They're usually in the $500-$1000 range, which is why the LSD was sort of attractive.

Gary Mudrak has one Toyota factory e locker left for sale in Sonoma. I think he wanted $1400 US for his.
Phew, that's a lot! Keep saving, maybe move up to loonies?

Gary Mudrak has one Toyota factory e locker left for sale in Sonoma. I think he wanted $1400 US for his.
Phew, that's a lot! Keep saving, maybe move up to loonies?

Haha! I still see them for sale for 500-1k. Even that's too much these days tho, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom