another washer bottle solution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
landtankproducts.com
I'm just wrapping up the first phase of a build and ran into a small issue with the washer bottle.

This truck was spec'd out with dual batteries and a Super Charger. I originally oredered a Slee washer bottle relocation bracket. However as some might know it won't work with the Super Charger so I needed another solution.

After a couple of ideas I decided to take a look at my son's 91. Eureka!

What I ended up doing is making a bracket to relocate the charcoal canister. This then allowed me to use the 91 fuse/relay block bracket to move the fuse block out away from the fender whioch inturn allowed me to install the 91 washer bottle.

Here are a few pics of the final setup.
washer bottle mod 020 (Large).jpg
washer bottle mod 021 (Large).jpg
washer bottle mod 022 (Large).jpg

the 91 bottle is actually two tanks with a connecting hose. The two together are quite a bit more than a gallon. In fact with a gallon poured in there was still 3" of room left in the tank.

here are a couple of pics showing the configuration.
washer bottle mod 001 (Large).jpg
washer bottle mod 002 (Large).jpg
washer bottle mod 003 (Large).jpg

The last step is to extend the electrical connect over to the pump from the other side.

For those with a SC and wanting a dual battery this is a great option especially is you can source the washer bottle and fuse block bracket in a Junk yard.

Nice, clean insall! I do remember seeing a pic on here that showed a dual batt set up using the stock trays both sides, upfront and a TRD supercharger. Couldn't see what they did with the bottle due to angle of shot though. I just assumed that the Slee bracket was used. I guess not...!?!?
Thanks for the info!

Wish I had this problem with a S/C being in the way and dual batteries although Id have to go turbo.

You could have just looked at some of the pics of my old setup. I had the details in my thread, but I believe it was a camry bottle. I had it mounted in the ps near the firewall and yes that was with dual batts and the blower.

You could have just looked at some of the pics of my old setup. I had the details in my thread, but I believe it was a camry bottle. I had it mounted in the ps near the firewall and yes that was with dual batts and the blower.

I'd like to see a pic of that. I just searched and came up empty. Can you post a link?

Maybe these new kits are a little different because there really isn't much room back in that corner.

Nice work Rick,

I wonder if you could use this to delete the must unreliable part of an 80 series, the rear washer diverter? use the diverter power to run the second dedicated rear pump motor?

What I ended up doing is making a bracket to relocate the charcoal canister. This then allowed me to use the 91 fuse/relay block bracket to move the fuse block out away from the fender whioch inturn allowed me to install the 91 washer bottle.

Is there enough room to get oil filter out with the canister relocated?

Did you consider George's relocated Corolla washer bottle?

Washer Relocation

I plan on a mod for the Slee relocation bracket so I can mount the corolla bottle. I saw three of them last time I was at the pick and pull.

Being a repeat customer I know you are a smart guy so I was wondering what your reasoning was. I will say you will have more capacity but overall it seems like more work and $.

Nice work Rick,

I wonder if you could use this to delete the must unreliable part of an 80 series, the rear washer diverter? use the diverter power to run the second dedicated rear pump motor?

I thought of this. There is a wire that runs through a diode from the rear circuit to the front one. This is so that when you activate the rear system it turns on the diverter as well as the pump. When you turn on the front the diode doesn't allow the diverter to be activated. The pump for the rear on the 91 has a pigtail on it. I'll have to look to see if by chance it's the same as the one of the diverter valve.

Did you consider George's relocated Corolla washer bottle?

Washer Relocation

I plan on a mod for the Slee relocation bracket so I can mount the corolla bottle. I saw three of them last time I was at the pick and pull.

Being a repeat customer I know you are a smart guy so I was wondering what your reasoning was. I will say you will have more capacity but overall it seems like more work and $.

I wasn't aware of how George did his relocation. To be honest I am running out of time with the wife as she wants the garage back for snow season. When I finally worked out this configuration I went with it.

Slee's bracket is completely different than Georges and the stock washer bottle is too big to fit back there.

What kind of battery do you have in that truck. It looks like an odyssey, but I cant tell.

Nice work btw. The second pump hole was designated for the headlight washers I think. All the JDMs here have the style of tank and headlight washers.

Karl

To be honest I am running out of time with the wife as she wants the garage back for snow season.

Too late from the weather reports that have been on TV the last week or so. :D

-B-

RavenTai, I checked out the diverter plug and it does plug into the rear pumps pigtail. So if you can find that link from the rear circuit that turns on the front pump you could then indeed eliminate the diverter and have separate pumps for each end of the vehicle. What also helps this is that the hose used for this system is made up of a bunch of small sections with connectors. So you can simply shorten or lengthen the hose by adding or subtracting sections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom