Builds Another Texas LS1 Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like my dbw.

If you need a PCM programmed let me know. I have the hp tuner software now. As long as the serial wire is in the same position in the red/blue and green/blue pcms then I can do it.

I would hate to see you take a step back to cable though

Sweet! I need my PCM flashed to a 6L I'm running the 5.3L tune

Sweet! I need my PCM flashed to a 6L I'm running the 5.3L tune

There is a library of tunes on the hp website. Lots of stock tunes so its just a matter of downloading one for a stock 6l truck, buying the two credits, and loading it onto yours or another PCM. Vats is deleted in the process plus whatever changes that are particular to your vehicle.

Ok, started on the shroud. I need to go get some pop rivets.

Here are some pictures

Sent from my DroidCruiser
ForumRunner_20130202_175819.jpg
ForumRunner_20130202_175837.jpg

Got it done except the mounting tabs.

ForumRunner_20130210_190319.jpg
ForumRunner_20130210_190342.jpg

Finished installing it. Just need some fluid and a hose clamp and we're on the road again.

ForumRunner_20130216_171339.jpg

Last edited:
Awsome

Sent from outer space via my mind

I went through all 26 pages, really nice build sir. Thank you for sharing.

Did you ever think about using a manual trans?

Great work on that shroud !!!

I went through all 26 pages, really nice build sir. Thank you for sharing.

Did you ever think about using a manual trans?

Thank you. No, I did not. My wife can't drive a manual.

I am keeping mine! A 4BT is the last motor I would swap into anything. WAY to much vibration for my taste.

The cost of buying a used ISB is really nuts. It would make a mean ride, but damn the ISB would cost more than the 80 to swap it in to.

plus, diesel fuel is REALLY expensive. It's $4 a gallon here vs $3.50 a gallon for 87 octane. No advantage there other than the 600+ ft/lbs of torque on tap. I have my doubts that a stock 80 series trans can handle that. I suppose a 4L80 could be used but even it would die pretty fast.

No 4BT for me. OM617 tweaked, Mitsubishi turbo, 4.56 gears, 2.5 lift, 33s, H55. That's the plan.

Update

It seems the cruiser runs about 8 degrees cooler with the mechanical fan.

I had a DRW throttle issue again and took it back to my mechanic. He checked all of the electrical connections in the harness and found several bad connectors. So he repaired them and put dielectric grease on all of the connectors. He also said that I should not have any more problems. :beer:

Well I started to get a P1125 but only when it was cold. I did a lot of reading and came across a thread where a GM mechanic was replacing a lot of TB because in cold weather the sensors in it would go out of tolerance. This made since because my engine got warm, no problems. So I put the old TB on there and just came back from a drive with no problems. Time will tell. There are days, like today, I do not want to sell this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom