Events/Trails Annual Southeast 70 Series Meet and Greet, September 22-25 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This early notice is designed to serve 2 purposes…..
1) So one can arrange lodging before everything is booked to capacity.
2) Make arrangements for the time off.
…… further details will posted later in the year. 😊

March tidbits:
*Unlike some Cruiser events, we don’t sell tickets or require a registration (the only fee is to enter the park).
*We do not have vehicle inspections (it’s up to you to make sure your Cruiser is up to the task).
*We don’t hold raffles or seek sponsors (the closest we get to this is putting out a ”tip jar” to offset some of the cost of the Saturday evening meal).
*This is a “family friendly” event (your spouse, kids and even the occasional dogs are welcomed).
*This is basically a social event that just happens to include Land Cruisers. 😊

March tidbits:
*Unlike some Cruiser events, we don’t sell tickets or require a registration (the only fee is to enter the park).
*We do not have vehicle inspections (it’s up to you to make sure your Cruiser is up to the task).
*We don’t hold raffles or seek sponsors (the closest we get to this is putting out a ”tip jar” to offset some of the cost of the Saturday evening meal).
*This is a “family friendly” event (your spouse, kids and even the occasional dogs are welcomed).
*This is basically a social event that just happens to include Land Cruisers. 😊

Charles,
As I recall, it has always been basic premise for this meeting that it is a casual meet-n-greet with no intended comparison to any TLCA sanctioned events beyond a common interest in Land Cruisers. These event comparison points are clearly indicating a change in direction for this year. When are the details on the changes for this year going to be revealed? [the crowd is eager for news]

Thanks

Charles,
As I recall, it has always been basic premise for this meeting that it is a casual meet-n-greet with no intended comparison to any TLCA sanctioned events beyond a common interest in Land Cruisers. These event comparison points are clearly indicating a change in direction for this year. When are the details on the changes for this year going to be revealed? [the crowd is eager for news]

Thanks
My language skills must really suck. 😊
As far as changes ……
We’ve never charged a fee …… so no change there.
We have never required vehicle inspections …… so no change there.
We haven’t held a raffle or sought sponsors in a number of years ……. so no change there.
We have always encouraged a family environment ……. so no change there.
Its always been billed as a “social gathering“ …… so you guessed it, no change there.
** Any comparison to any other TLCA event can simply be chalked up as a coincidence and not intentional. 😁

….. and no, owning a 70 Series isn’t required to attend the event but we do ask that you arrive in a Land Cruiser of some description. 😊

My language skills must really suck. 😊
As far as changes ……
We’ve never charged a fee …… so no change there.
We have never required vehicle inspections …… so no change there.
We haven’t held a raffle or sought sponsors in a number of years ……. so no change there.
We have always encouraged a family environment ……. so no change there.
Its always been billed as a “social gathering“ …… so you guessed it, no change there.
** Any comparison to any other TLCA event can simply be chalked up as a coincidence and not intentional. 😁
Charles, when are you planning one of these "social events" in BC? 🤔 I should be able to make that one. 🥳

Charles, when are you planning one of these "social events" in BC? 🤔 I should be able to make that one. 🥳
I don‘t know if anyone is still organizing it but for a while there was a “west” version of our 70 Series gathering. Perhaps it will start up again. In the mean time you’re are always welcome to join us. 😊
There is a “better than average” chance that you would be the only 76 Series present. 😁

Last edited:
The “pent-up demand” for anything outdoors is off-scale so it’s NEVER to early to book either a cabin, camping spot or a hotel room. 😊

2E74CD90-A77D-4F92-8BD6-03B5B573E948.jpeg

ATTN: ARTISTIC GUYS & GALS……. 😊
I‘m soliciting ideas for this year’s 70 Series Meet & Greet widow decal (here are examples of previous decals). **
If you have talent in this area (I don’t) feel free to enter a design. 😊

** And no Lee, the design can’t feature a 200 Series. 😁

74A1359A-97DD-4378-B9F5-4B14171CEBD6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom